Quote Engine Founder Says MOO Now Tops in Permanent Life Products

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
Online quote engine YourLifeSolution.com founder Eric Smith today said Mutual of Omaha’s permanent life products have become “considerably more competitive in recent years” and apparently wanted to say so publicly. This from a press release today:

"Without question, Mutual of Omaha's permanent life insurance has become a major player in the market of comparable life insurance products. In many cases, especially when dealing with healthier applicants in their 50's, Mutual of Omaha's products are either the best option of within a negligible difference of the lowest price. Generally, when given the option between a carrier they've never done business with, and a carrier as well-known as Mutual of Omaha, consumers will choose to pay marginally more," said Eric Smith, the founder and independent life insurance agent of YourLifeSolution.com.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Products Have Improved Substantially in Recent Years Claims YourLifeSolution.com - Press Release - Digital Journal

Anybody on the same page with Smith, or not so much?

Online quote engine YourLifeSolution.com founder Eric Smith today said Mutual of Omaha’s permanent life products have become “considerably more competitive in recent years” and apparently wanted to say so publicly. This from a press release today:

"Without question, Mutual of Omaha's permanent life insurance has become a major player in the market of comparable life insurance products. In many cases, especially when dealing with healthier applicants in their 50's, Mutual of Omaha's products are either the best option of within a negligible difference of the lowest price. Generally, when given the option between a carrier they've never done business with, and a carrier as well-known as Mutual of Omaha, consumers will choose to pay marginally more," said Eric Smith, the founder and independent life insurance agent of YourLifeSolution.com.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Products Have Improved Substantially in Recent Years Claims YourLifeSolution.com - Press Release - Digital Journal

Anybody on the same page with Smith, or not so much?

My clients and prospects seem to like to hear that I have Mutual of Omaha, Prudential, Gerber, MetLife and other household name. But they tend to go with my recommendations over a brand.

The things agents will do to drum up business and get backlinks....

Pretty sure this was meant as a marketing piece to drive traffic to his site.

BTW, Eric is a member of this forum.

So... my client putting in a thousand a month into a WL contract who wants to access the cash value through loans, pay back the loans up until retirement, then use the cash value to supplement retirement income AND have the residual death benefit last their entire lifetime would be better served with a MOO contract instead of Ohio National, Penn, Mass, or Guardian?

I'm not convinced.

The things agents will do to drum up business and get backlinks....

Pretty sure this was meant as a marketing piece to drive traffic to his site.

BTW, Eric is a member of this forum.

Looks like it's working.

Man I need to start doing press releases.

I don't know of many people who care about the name of a life insurance company. Usually when people hear about a life insurer, it is bad news. If someone says "I have never heard of them" you can usually draw an analogy from their own line of work; In your business Goodyear is the most well known brand but are they the best tire? For all vehicles?" Something like that.

They are a recognizable name, and fairly competitive in the Final Expense market.

But they are hardly the cream of the crop when it comes to Permanent Products. Especially for face amounts of decent size.

Interesting.. He writes an article about permanent insurance comparisons but when I go to his website, the only quoter I can find is for term insurance comparisons.

Back