Senior Life Insurance Company in Thomasville

I really hate to talked bad about a company. I started working there in 2007 and i have just recently quit thank God. The company is set up so only certain individuals make the big bucks. Their persistency as a company is horrible and they are not even rated nor do they have a corporate website. They got into some financial trouble and had to dip into there reserves, A state law states that an insurance company cannot dip below a certain amount on there reserves, but they went well below what the amount is supposed to be. The leads are horrble. Some of them have no names on them and you have to pay for them anyways. They force you to get leads. That is a fact. You have no say in what kind or how many you get. They make promises they cant keep. The lead company is owned by rosemarie powell for crying out loud. Hello!!! Cant you read the writing on the wall here! You have to get at least 500 a week in leads to pay for there crappy butwipe leads. The leads are very inconsistent. I got burnt out and lost the drive i had the first year and a half i had while working for senior life bc of the dishonesty and the integrity of the people that run the business. People like bobby rodriguez telling people that he is ron powells "pet" and that ron will do whatever he wants him to do, just watch!, is the kind of people that run the show. Him sitting there wroking nothing but tv leads while everyone else works direct mail and dialers and then they tell you they dont have no tv leads. Of cousre they dont, they give them all to bobby.!!! Then you got Mike hicks, the #1 agent in the company having an affair on his wife with a lady that i will not name that works for the company in the same buliding that mike does. Everyone knows. Well, why he is cheating on his wife, he cheats on the girl he is cheating with with a girl he hired that was only 23 years old. mike is like 45. How low is that. The company just turns there head and will not do anything about it. lol what a pathetic joke. He gets excused bc he writes so much business. Its all about money. Senior Life is be Investegated by the dept of insurance and commerce right now or was recently bc they dont pay there claims and they have had several lawsuits brought against them by clients who could not collect on their death claim. When you are struggling they tell you it will be ok. They tell you this and you are sitting there with a $2000 lead debt. What do they do to help get you out? They give you $500 of more biu and direct mail leads. Its all they can do bc they suck!!!! They have a money flow problem. There is no training. I have since left and i work for a company and i get leads for free that are so much better its not even funny. I talk to them and sale it right over the phone. I dont have to do any paperwork or any recording and the client is told right over the phone if they are approved or not and then before we get off phone they have a polic number. My life is stress free now that i dont have to work at senior life anymore. Wat a joke for a company. Its all about money when you work there. Its not about helping others and integrity and honesty. They tell you when you sign up that you are an independent agent and can be you own boss. Well that as as far from the truth as the east is from the west!!!!!!! You have to come in at a certain time and leave at a certain time. They also charge like 100 bucks a month in cubicle rent fee. So on average you are having to pay $1500 -$2000 a month on leads plus your rent fee. They have about 700 agents working for them. You do the math. Lets say that the avg agent gets $400 a week in leads times 4 = $1600 in lead cost a month. Now times that times 12. That equals $19,200 a year per agent in leads. Multiply that time 700. That is almost 20 million a year in lead cost and yet they tell you they dont make a dime of leads. That is BS!!!!!!!!!!! The post office cuts a break when you mail in bulk. They make a killing off lead cost. So anyone who signs up with them, just remember one thing. You are helping them make money and they dont care about you. and whether you make it or not. I advise you to steer clear of this kinda business. It is set up so certain people reap the rewards while you sit there each week and come into work on monday already owing the company $500 bucks when you sit down. Enuff said. i could go on and on.......:mad:

hmm...........not good

I started writing for Sr Life 2 mos. ago doing tele-sales. I also spend right at $600 per week for leads. And I'm HAPPY to spend this much $$ for the leads. Why? Because I can turn that $600 into $2000-$3000 advance comm. about 90% of the time, most of my return within 1 1/2 weeks. I don't know anywhere else I can invest $600 and get back $2k or more in a week and a half. And I get the leads on credit, no upfront outlay of cash.

Even at this high price for the leads it is still cheaper than me doing my own DM drops. I don't take any risk on the return rate. The leads are fresh and exclusive to me only. And the leads are not the generic $225 Soc. Sec. Death Benefit type. The leads that are available have Life Insurance all over them, etc. Even says "to apply for a whole life policy" to mail the card back in. I know from experience about the return rates. These leads cost $30-$45 to generate.

I also like that the CEO and the President of SL both have about 20 years experience SELLING FE. Most of the personnel in the home office at other Co.'s have never sold anything and just don't have a clue about what agents go thru each week.

Probably the best part is that charge backs are never deducted from advance comm. Like LH they are paid back from the back end...UNadvanced comm.

As for the persistency...each Co. uses a different formula to calculate persistency. Pers. % depends on which formula you use. One set of data might show 88% pers. and the EXACT SAME data might show 74% using a different formula.

You said they do not have a corp. website. Of course they do! www.seniorlifeinsurancecompany.com

An organization that generates enough leads so approx. 700 agents can get 25 FRESH leads each week is not easy. When they invest that kind of $$$ on DM drops they need agents to get leads every week (unless sick, vacation, etc.), otherwise leads back up and become slightly old. Doing the math shows they spend about $350,000 PER WEEK, every week to keep the flow of leads coming in. And the agents have to keep the leads going out. Seems fair to me.

But you are like all agents (me included)...we sometimes bitch because we are not closing as many as we'd like. Just comes with the territory.

Last edited:
Does Senior Life, "finance" leads for agents like Lincoln Heritage does/or did at one time.

Depends on your mgr. My agents can get leads financed as long as their FICO score is 675 or above. If FICO is below 675 then they'll have to prepaid with their cr. card. After 3-4 weeks of prod. then they can also get their leads financed. I've eaten too many lead costs in previous years to do it any other way.

I see you are in Tenn. If you are interested pm me.

Was that always the requirements with LH? I started with LH when I first entered this business and I had "financed leads" and I didn't have a FICO of 675 LOL, not even close to 675 probaly. Yep, I am in TN, Memphis area actually, "murder captial of the south" or "junior detroit". Take your pick.

Last edited:
Was that always the requirements with LH? I started with LH when I first entered this business and I had "financed leads" and I didn't have a FICO of 675 LOL, not even close to 675 probaly. Yep, I am in TN, Memphis area actually, "murder captial of the south" or "junior detroit". Take your pick.

The 675 FICO is the criteria used for my group. I've financed leads for lazy agents in times past, they sold very little, wouldn't pay their lead charge and quit, and the lead charge rolled up to me and I had to repay it. Not anymore. 675 FICO is just an ave. score, not a great score.

Too many agents are busted, disgusted, and can't be trusted. I try to minimize my exposure to their debt.

I really hate to talked bad about a company. I started working there in 2007 and i have just recently quit thank God. The company is set up so only certain individuals make the big bucks. Their persistency as a company is horrible and they are not even rated nor do they have a corporate website. They got into some financial trouble and had to dip into there reserves, A state law states that an insurance company cannot dip below a certain amount on there reserves, but they went well below what the amount is supposed to be. The leads are horrble. Some of them have no names on them and you have to pay for them anyways. They force you to get leads. That is a fact. You have no say in what kind or how many you get. They make promises they cant keep. The lead company is owned by rosemarie powell for crying out loud. Hello!!! Cant you read the writing on the wall here! You have to get at least 500 a week in leads to pay for there crappy butwipe leads. The leads are very inconsistent. I got burnt out and lost the drive i had the first year and a half i had while working for senior life bc of the dishonesty and the integrity of the people that run the business. People like bobby rodriguez telling people that he is ron powells "pet" and that ron will do whatever he wants him to do, just watch!, is the kind of people that run the show. Him sitting there wroking nothing but tv leads while everyone else works direct mail and dialers and then they tell you they dont have no tv leads. Of cousre they dont, they give them all to bobby.!!! Then you got Mike hicks, the #1 agent in the company having an affair on his wife with a lady that i will not name that works for the company in the same buliding that mike does. Everyone knows. Well, why he is cheating on his wife, he cheats on the girl he is cheating with with a girl he hired that was only 23 years old. mike is like 45. How low is that. The company just turns there head and will not do anything about it. lol what a pathetic joke. He gets excused bc he writes so much business. Its all about money. Senior Life is be Investegated by the dept of insurance and commerce right now or was recently bc they dont pay there claims and they have had several lawsuits brought against them by clients who could not collect on their death claim. When you are struggling they tell you it will be ok. They tell you this and you are sitting there with a $2000 lead debt. What do they do to help get you out? They give you $500 of more biu and direct mail leads. Its all they can do bc they suck!!!! They have a money flow problem. There is no training. I have since left and i work for a company and i get leads for free that are so much better its not even funny. I talk to them and sale it right over the phone. I dont have to do any paperwork or any recording and the client is told right over the phone if they are approved or not and then before we get off phone they have a polic number. My life is stress free now that i dont have to work at senior life anymore. Wat a joke for a company. Its all about money when you work there. Its not about helping others and integrity and honesty. They tell you when you sign up that you are an independent agent and can be you own boss. Well that as as far from the truth as the east is from the west!!!!!!! You have to come in at a certain time and leave at a certain time. They also charge like 100 bucks a month in cubicle rent fee. So on average you are having to pay $1500 -$2000 a month on leads plus your rent fee. They have about 700 agents working for them. You do the math. Lets say that the avg agent gets $400 a week in leads times 4 = $1600 in lead cost a month. Now times that times 12. That equals $19,200 a year per agent in leads. Multiply that time 700. That is almost 20 million a year in lead cost and yet they tell you they dont make a dime of leads. That is BS!!!!!!!!!!! The post office cuts a break when you mail in bulk. They make a killing off lead cost. So anyone who signs up with them, just remember one thing. You are helping them make money and they dont care about you. and whether you make it or not. I advise you to steer clear of this kinda business. It is set up so certain people reap the rewards while you sit there each week and come into work on monday already owing the company $500 bucks when you sit down. Enuff said. i could go on and on.......:mad:
7smitty14-New here to the industry and would like to work with company that has free leads in telesales, as I am in a very rural part of the country...is this feasible? Any feedback from anyone would be appreciated.

Back