Senior Life Insurance Company in Thomasville

I've heard a lot of bad things about them.

I've listen to how they talk to the clients and wish one of them would record what they are being told, so they could forward it to the ins dept.

I may know of just such a recording. What's it worth?

The father-son combo that runs the company has some interesting things come up when you google them. It's run by the Powell family.

I googled "Dale Powell", "Ron Powell", and "Dale and Ron Powell". Only 4 links/references to the Powell's you are bringing up. Each link was either to the Sr Life website or Ron's racing accident.

Lots of OTHER Powell's up there, you must be looking at the wrong one's.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Newby, you and I both know them for what they are.

We have both heard what is being said to clients.

EVERY tele-sale is recorded and sent to the Home Office along with the paper app. What are you talking about?

Last edited:
senior life has been in trouble before and its not over yet. deep pockets have kept them from goin under but even those pockets can go try eventually. i dont see them holding up longterm. Lincoln cut ties with them for that very reason. No one on here will tell me any diff. i heard it from the owner of lincoln himself. They owned lincoln millions

We are not talking about during the application, but before all of that gets started.

Ask Newby to fill you in.

I've filled Greg in. But just to replay some of the transcript:

Me: How are your rates so low? (They were quoting a $10,000 policy with an extra $10,000 for accidental death but calling it a $20,000 policy.)

SL Agent: At Senior Life you deal direct with the underwriters. There are no agents.

Me: Really?!! You aren't a life insurance aget?

SL Agent: No. I'm a licensed underwriter. They don't use agents at Senior Life.

Me: So the UNDERWRITERS are working on Saturday calling people about life insurance?

SL Agent: Yes.

Me: Well that must be how you guys are so cheap. You are cutting out all the commission that an insurance agent would usually make aren't you.

SL Agent: Yes. That's the reason they don't use agents.

Newby, that is amazing that you captured that...Talk about misleading a prospect on not being an agent and by not accurately selling a product....That is the BS that gives all of us bad names....Shame on Senior Life

I've filled Greg in. But just to replay some of the transcript:

Me: How are your rates so low? (They were quoting a $10,000 policy with an extra $10,000 for accidental death but calling it a $20,000 policy.)

SL Agent: At Senior Life you deal direct with the underwriters. There are no agents.

Me: Really?!! You aren't a life insurance aget?

SL Agent: No. I'm a licensed underwriter. They don't use agents at Senior Life.

Me: So the UNDERWRITERS are working on Saturday calling people about life insurance?

SL Agent: Yes.

Me: Well that must be how you guys are so cheap. You are cutting out all the commission that an insurance agent would usually make aren't you.

SL Agent: Yes. That's the reason they don't use agents.

I agree with you on this. Every Co. has agents doing things unethical. Bad agents' behaviour is something all Co.'s hate. NO Co. trains or encourages agents to do things unethical.

Last edited:

Looks like the piece is the standard "Soc. Sec. death benefit of $255" dir. mail piece used for FE, judging by the wording on the link.

Life of Boston would have approved the piece for mailing and may have done the mailing too, don't know.

Seems like about 10-12 yrs. or so ago all FE Co. dir. mail pieces started putting "not endorsed or affiliated with any gov't agency" on the card near the bottom of the card.

I'm sure other Co.'s got their hand slapped hard for mailing the same piece, as most all FE dir. mail pieces were worded almost identical to each other. In fact, today, these dir. mail pieces for FE still resemble each other in wording.

Back