Transamerica Agency Network?

osumocha

Expert
Any thoughts, information, or experience with Transamerica agency network? Pro's, con's, anything? All input appreciated. Thanks!

They are under the AEGON umbrella. They combined Monumental Life and Life Investors to form this new outfit. I think they offer a captive position under Trans. Agency Network.

I used to write for Life Investors on the indy side. Very good rates for mortg protection.

Hope this helps.

This was a very helpful post. Transamerica just called me to come in for a interview after memorial Day. I am selling FE and It's slow right now and I need to do something else. We'll see what happens at the interview.

Agent Angie said:
This was a very helpful post. Transamerica just called me to come in for a interview after memorial Day. I am selling FE and It's slow right now and I need to do something else. We'll see what happens at the interview.

Transamerica will likely want you to sell FE and you will be very limited with just the Transamerica product.

If you are an independent and FE is slow, you aren't doing it right. Going captive isn't going to fix that.

Hey Agent Angie,

I hope your interview went good. May I know about the questions that they asked you? I have job interview in 2 days, and I am stressful e little bit. Would you please guide me through this?

Thank you,

Mandm2013

I had a friend that interviewed with them recently. She is new to the industry and wanted a captive environment to learn from. I started with Monumental years ago and it was a good base training.
Anyway, she had to do the online personality test, then had her interview. When she met with district manager, he told her there was a "Do Not Proceed" on her application. Seems she answered some questions as far as her goals were concerned as being to high. So there fore he then tried to persuade her to take an independent position with higher commissions, no training. Being new it would have been a mistake.
The funny thing the manager said in the interview when she asked about app / policy turnaround was that the Monumental underwriting was very fast but the Transamerica underwriting is very very slow. Usually twice or more the time that the Mon apps.
I thought it strange the the manager offered that up in an interview.
She went on to a better position and is very happy with her decision.
I think the new Transamerica Agency Network is just fluff and they would rather have lots of independents instead of the career agents.

I am a career agent with TAAN. I got into insurance originally on my own and struggles and with proper training and great products for healthy middle class Americans and then FE through Mon Life you don't usually have to go to a third party but you can do that too.

I ceartainly hope that TransAmerica pulls out of thier in house restructuing soon. I'm getting so tired of the slow underwriting that is almost twice as long as other companies.
I've got an app with them that was submitted 03/04/2013 on a 73/y/o male for 100K TransAce. For the longest time the online pening case said that they were waiting for a resting EKG, wth!!! It was done at the exact same time as the blood/urine/ and paramed, you have that but not the EKG!!!

They finally said they received the EKG on 04/09/2013...now they want to order an APS!! Couldn't somebody in underwriting have already ordered the APS until waiting and now prolonging the process even further???

I'm pretty much at the point where I'm going to stop submitting business to TransAmerica until they get their house cleaned up.

Ok...My rant is over.

Back