Wally World Meets Snoopy

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Walmart and MetLife just announced they’ve launched a pilot life insurance program at 200 stores in Georgia and South Carolina. Customers can choose between two coverage options — $10,000 or $25,000 — with prices varying by age. An 18- to 44-year-old can purchase a one-year $10,000 policy for $69. Older people pay more, with a one-year $25,000 policy for a 60- to 65-year-old priced at $429.

Consumers buy the insurance by picking up a prepaid card and then calling MetLife’s toll-free number to answer health questions posed by a life agent. If the customer qualifies for coverage, the policy is activated. If coverage is denied, the card can be returned to Walmart for a full refund.

Walmart just moved your cheese | LifeHealthPro

Walmart and MetLife just announced they’ve launched a pilot life insurance program at 200 stores in Georgia and South Carolina. Customers can choose between two coverage options — $10,000 or $25,000 — with prices varying by age. An 18- to 44-year-old can purchase a one-year $10,000 policy for $69. Older people pay more, with a one-year $25,000 policy for a 60- to 65-year-old priced at $429.

Consumers buy the insurance by picking up a prepaid card and then calling MetLife’s toll-free number to answer health questions posed by a life agent. If the customer qualifies for coverage, the policy is activated. If coverage is denied, the card can be returned to Walmart for a full refund.

Walmart just moved your cheese | LifeHealthPro

yea,,,we know......
Wal Mart is Trying to Steal Your Clients

I applaud the move. This is good for the life agent. Anything that grows the market will ultimately be good. They aren't taking your clients away. They are giving you more replacement opportunities...

just my 2...

Eh..

The guy who buys life insurance with a bag of Cheetos and a 12 pack of Southpaw never was going to be a client of any agent. Of course, that guy isn't buying life insurance anywhere unless the wife is busy nagging him about it and just happens to nag at the checkout line at Walmart.

I personally see it as a huge flop and it might possibly hurt FE agents for a year or so.

Eh..

The guy who buys life insurance with a bag of Cheetos and a 12 pack of Southpaw never was going to be a client of any agent. Of course, that guy isn't buying life insurance anywhere unless the wife is busy nagging him about it and just happens to nag at the checkout line at Walmart.

I personally see it as a huge flop and it might possibly hurt FE agents for a year or so.

I'm a little afraid to even ask what this is....:err:

Eh..

Have to agree 100% on this one. Even though i don't know what Southpaw is, anyone that thinks that freaking Walmart of all places would be a good place to market life insurance is on crack. And probably heroin.

This idea is one of the worst I've heard...and I've heard some bad ones.

It's a wonderful opportunity to replace crappy business with better business.

You get what you pay for at Walmart. I'll let them do the evangelizing. Then I'll replace them.

It's a wonderful opportunity to replace crappy business with better business.

You get what you pay for at Walmart. I'll let them do the evangelizing. Then I'll replace them.

Ditto. If you buy your Life Insurance at WalMart, you are (by definition) not a sophisticated buyer. You probably are, or soon will be, in the typical FE demographic anyway.

I think the smart FE agent views it as leverage instead of competition .

Walmart Life insurance is like Bankers, United American, and Lincoln Heritage. Great replacement opportunities.

Back