What Career Options Are There for Me?

Rousemark nailed it. Would just prefer to have a position that pays a salary. Guess I just like a more secure, structured work situation. The reason I posted my original thread here is because I recently spoke to a guy that has a similar situation to me, same license, didn't enjoy sales etc. He said he's been working as an adjuster and loves it. I've been searching the web for adjuster positions and they all seem to require a P&C license. Just looking for ideas is all.

All most "underwriters" need to know is how to read a manual..

Lotta long day lately calling reps and telling them their clients are fat and hypertensive...

And yeah, underwriting is a BS at a minimum these days, although if you worked in a hospital setting for years with an Associates and wanted to switch gears there's usually a home for you.

Lotta long day lately calling reps and telling them their clients are fat and hypertensive...

And yeah, underwriting is a BS at a minimum these days, although if you worked in a hospital setting for years with an Associates and wanted to switch gears there's usually a home for you.

I did a search for entry level life underwriter positions and while most said, "degree preferred", the minimum requirement was listed as HS or GED..

I've had quite a few jobs that "required a degree" - including personal banker, bank manager, and financial advisor.

Remember that every job description is a "WISH LIST". What they really want is someone smart enough to do the job and get along with their co-workers.

I did a search for entry level life underwriter positions and while most said, "degree preferred", the minimum requirement was listed as HS or GED..

If you want to do GI/FE work or turn and burn stuff on kids and people with clean-sheeted medical histories... and make about 60 cents on the dollar that other starting underwriters do. You also top out in a pretty crappy spot too.

If ducks really wants to work for a carrier, life underwriting may not be your best idea. Something like Compliance (where a series 6 and 26 will likely be required for anything more strenuous than picking up the phone), Agent Compensation, maybe even Product Development. If you hate the ivory tower you can always slip back out.

Back