Why Do Suzie Orman and Dave Ramsey Trash WL So Much?

Term. Not even close.

Thanks Moon

SURVEY SAYS !!!.....death cab it sure does matter, Term face amounts are usually much larger, hence a larger check to the beneficairy.

Someone told me a stat, that insurance companies payout claims on only 2 out of 100 term policies in force.
I have never seen it in writing, maybe they were talking out of their A$$, or pushing whole life.

Thanks Moon

SURVEY SAYS !!!.....death cab it sure does matter, Term face amounts are usually much larger, hence a larger check to the beneficairy.

Someone told me a stat, that insurance companies payout claims on only 2 out of 100 term policies in force.
I have never seen it in writing, maybe they were talking out of their A$$, or pushing whole life.

You are forgetting about all the replacements in term. How many term policies last even 5 years before being replaced?

Thanks Moon

You asked what percentage of claims were term and what were whole life. If you were talking dollars, then yes term is going to pay more. If you were talking about how many checks he's delivered, it doesn't matter. The fact that a claim was delivered shows a family was loved. That's the most important thing.

In general people can get better value for their buck with Term.
Products get bad raps because of unethical sales. Just look at VUL. There was a period of time recently where VUL was being pushed to middle america based on how much they can spend, not on what they needed. When things went south in the last few years these people were screwed.

Back