Would You Join World Financial Group?

dariuskatl

A friend is considering joining. I tried to obtain info by calling them, and was transferred 5 times, 30 min hold... for basic questions which were never answered. Another colleague told me to run away from this group, they are a multi level marketing scheme/agency. When we call to get product info it's a pain, but they really push recruiting=two big red flags for me. Seems like an giant agency that preys on new agents, also heard they are captive, but told my friend they are not?

Any of you guys work or have worked with them? Care to share advice or feedback?

Thanks for the help!

They use the terminology but don't know what they are talking about.

When WE hear "captive" we think 1 of 2 things:
1) You're working for a product manufacturer and should only sell that company's products.
2) You work for a firm and can only sell the products that the firm has a selling agreement with.

WFG is definitely #2. Ask them if they can sell other company's products that WFG doesn't offer... and they won't know how to answer you.

I will say this - I'd pick WFG over Primerica... but these companies don't really tout the professionalism that this industry has (and needs).

Very few join professional associations, such as NAIFA.

Very few bother with any additional training and designations.

Oh, and they usually start your contracts out at 25%... and you increase your payout as you recruit.

You can start at a captive insurance company at 55% without recruiting... or even 80%+ as an independent, also without recruiting.

Lots more on WFG on the forum. Just search for it.

Back