Age Nearest or Age Last for Genworth, Hancock, Mutual O, and Trans?

AOKING

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hello LTCi experts,

I would like to know if Genworth, Hancock, Mutual O, and Trans use age last or age nearest when pricing policies?

Thanks for the help,

AO

Trans LTC will force you to start the policy effective prior to the birth date as I understand it..but will allow you to go back 30 days to save age.......where as the others just want you to sign the application within 30 days of your last birthday, and then the policy can still be effective in the future whenever they get around to approving you. Subtle difference.

At least that's how I remember it.

originally posted by yankee466

Trans LTC will force you to start the policy effective prior to the birth date as I understand it..but will allow you to go back 30 days to save age.......where as the others just want you to sign the application within 30 days of your last birthday, and then the policy can still be effective in the future whenever they get around to approving you. Subtle difference.

I believe that when saving age (30 days past the actual birthday) all carriers will make the policy effective date 1 day prior to the birthday.

Even though some carriers will allow for the present app date, if they made the policy effective the day of the app, the applicant would be a year older and have to pay premiums based on his attained age. If the effective date was the day of approval, age would not be saved.

originally posted by yankee466

I believe that when saving age (30 days past the actual birthday) all carriers will make the policy effective date 1 day prior to the birthday.

Even though some carriers will allow for the present app date, if they made the policy effective the day of the app, the applicant would be a year older and have to pay premiums based on his attained age. If the effective date was the day of approval, age would not be saved.

incorrect.

:swoon::swoon::swoon:

Back