Anyone Have Success with Direct Mail for Ltci?

I have a piece that get's about 1.4% in MI (very Product Specific). Demographic is to the middle class. We have a lot of experience in OHIO for LTCi also.

Give me a call and I can hook you up with Chris and LC as you need our OK to use it, he has been doing the DM for this piece.

I have a huge marketing budget, I don't like the ghetto and lapses of FE and would rather cross-sell it to a med supp client. I don't have many of those because not only is Ohio poor and usually on a MA plan, but it has the worst marketing laws in the country for med supps, which forces me to go outa state.
In a couple of weeks the rest of my contracts for that will be good to go, marketing is on its way.

Now to annuities and ltc, its something I would like to balance with selling med supps outa state (truth be told I plan on bringing in an enroller in 6 months to take over my med supp business; I buy the leads, they close it and the residuals are mine). I have always enjoyed f2f business which leads me to ltc and annuities locally.

I don't mind public speaking so I am not averse to seminars; in fact I got permission to do ltc seminars at the local library circuit, I guess I could just do some Social Security seminars on top of that.

So setting up the med supp business for long term growth (and to eventually cross-sell ltci/annuities) and to set up ltci/annuities locally to have fun interacting people and building a better part of my business.

I have also been interacting with a ton of real estate investors (I just became a landlord recently) and I want to add them into my mix of mailers and seminars.

Like Head Honcho TGP says -- pick a mass-market product to lead with to develop a customer base, and cross-sell the more lucrative products as you develop a relationship with your clients.

Looking to cross-sell annuities and was wondering if direct mail was a viable option for ltci sales.
Appreciate any insight!

Direct mail for LTC gets the lowest response rate of any senior market topic. The clients can be some of the most difficult to deal with that respond. Health issues, denial, unrealistic expectations. To make matters worse, underwriting is as strict as it has ever been for LTC, IMO.

I think direct mail is one tough way to market LTC.

Tell me more about its product specificity. What does it say?

It is specific to product. Call me sometime and I can show it to you via desktop sharing.

It does have a check box for HHC, STC and LTCi.

We sell more HHC with Kemper combined with STC/Recovery Care with Standard Life and Accident and GTL than our traditional LTC products. Due mainly to Underwriting Concerns.

Back