Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Long Term Care Insurance Forum

Reply to Best Life Policy with LTC Rider?     
Old 05-12-2017, 10:52 PM   #1
Guru

State: NWBenefitProvider is an Insurance Agent from Washington
Best Life Policy with LTC Rider? Best Life Policy with LTC Rider?
Curious if there is a clear front runner when it comes to hybrid policies? Have a 61 year old male client who needs to pick up some additional life coverage for the next 10 years and he's also somewhat concerned about having some benefit for LTC just in case.

Looked at Lincoln Moneyguard, but that is mostly LTC and not much DB.

Any recommendations for something that leans more toward DB with a small amount of LTC available? Looking for DB of at least $300,000. He qualifies for standard / standard plus as of earlier this year when he replaced an expiring term policy.

Wondering if it isn't just best to get another 10 year term policy and a small stand alone LTC policy. Thoughts?

Any help or guidance is appreciated.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Best Life Policy with LTC Rider?

Old 05-13-2017, 09:14 AM   #2
Guru
LGilmore on Best Life Policy with LTC Rider?

State: LGilmore is an Insurance Agent from Washington
LGilmore is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Best Life Policy with LTC Rider? Re: Best Life Policy with LTC Rider?
I would think the latter option, the separate plans would be the most cost effective. Haven't looked at it for a bit, but it seemed the life policies with LTC were seriously more expensive than purchasing the two separately. Maybe they've gotten cheaper?

I know when I looked a few years back I was not impressed. I mean the life offers a constant premium, but when it pencils out to be 2-3 higher than just purchasing two separate plans, that's not so much of an advantage.
------------------------------------
Old 05-13-2017, 11:22 AM   #3
Guru
ltcadviser on Best Life Policy with LTC Rider?

State: ltcadviser is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
ltcadviser is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Best Life Policy with LTC Rider? Re: Best Life Policy with LTC Rider?
Originally Posted by NWBenefitProvider View Post
Curious if there is a clear front runner when it comes to hybrid policies? Have a 61 year old male client who needs to pick up some additional life coverage for the next 10 years and he's also somewhat concerned about having some benefit for LTC just in case.

Looked at Lincoln Moneyguard, but that is mostly LTC and not much DB.

Any recommendations for something that leans more toward DB with a small amount of LTC available? Looking for DB of at least $300,000. He qualifies for standard / standard plus as of earlier this year when he replaced an expiring term policy.

Wondering if it isn't just best to get another 10 year term policy and a small stand alone LTC policy. Thoughts?

Any help or guidance is appreciated.
If just a 10 year term policy need with living benefits rider for just in case, I suppose you could look at Transamerica LB term policy I guess.

If you want a permanent hybrid policy like lincoln mg but with complete focus on death benefit and not on inflation adjusted ltc pool like Lincoln then you can look at Mass Mutual Care Choice One.

Reply to Best Life Policy with LTC Rider? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Long Term Care Insurance Forum