Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Long Term Care Insurance Forum

Reply to Potential LTC Case - Suggestions Welcome     
Old 04-20-2017, 08:38 PM   #11
Guru

State: Mr_Ed is an Insurance Agent from New Jersey
Mr_Ed is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Potential LTC Case - Suggestions Welcome Re: Potential LTC Case - Suggestions Welcome
Originally Posted by CALTCAgent View Post
What always amazes me is when I hear people with a host of health conditions like these say "they don't like the use it or lose it" with traditional LTCi.

in my experience, the greater the health problems the greater the denial.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Potential LTC Case - Suggestions Welcome

Old 04-20-2017, 09:13 PM   #12
Guru
CALTCAgent on Potential LTC Case - Suggestions Welcome

State: CALTCAgent is an Insurance Agent from California
CALTCAgent is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Potential LTC Case - Suggestions Welcome Re: Potential LTC Case - Suggestions Welcome
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed View Post
That probably is it.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #13
Guru

State: yankee466 is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
I always thought it was more like the greater their health issues, the more they want to get the insurance!!!
Old 04-21-2017, 05:13 PM   #14

State: RINCN is an Insurance Agent from
Potential LTC Case - Suggestions Welcome Re: Potential LTC Case - Suggestions Welcome RINCN is the thread starter for: Potential LTC Case - Suggestions Welcome

is she receiving disability benefits from social security?
if not does she work full-time, part-time or what?
No benefits received nor applied for as far as I know.

She works part-time as a real estate agent, although she has worked full-time as a real estate agent for most of the last 5 years or so.

----------

Originally Posted by CALTCAgent View Post
Why does he still have a handicap placard ?
I'm not fully sure, he may have had it since his ACL surgery in '95 and just decided it would be better to keep it. He was walking with arthritis pain between that and his knee replacements.

----------

Originally Posted by yankee466 View Post
I always thought it was more like the greater their health issues, the more they want to get the insurance!!!
Yes, they are both quite motivated to get LTC coverage of some sort, it just seems like it may make sense to combine it with Life as they are looking to replace their VUL's.

Do you guys think their chances for underwriting approval would be greatest with a standalone traditional LTCi product, a hybrid LTC+annuity, or a hybrid LTC+life?

I read a little about State Life having a product called Asset Care that provides potentially unlimited LTC benefits?
Old 04-21-2017, 05:59 PM   #15
Guru
ltcadviser on Potential LTC Case - Suggestions Welcome

State: ltcadviser is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
ltcadviser is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by RINCN View Post

Yes, they are both quite motivated to get LTC coverage of some sort, it just seems like it may make sense to combine it with Life as they are looking to replace their VUL's.

Do you guys think their chances for underwriting approval would be greatest with a standalone traditional LTCi product, a hybrid LTC+annuity, or a hybrid LTC+life?

Your clients have schizophrenia and handicap placards. Easiest option and maybe only option would be annuity, but they will be lucky to get that.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:23 PM   #16
Guru
CALTCAgent on Potential LTC Case - Suggestions Welcome

State: CALTCAgent is an Insurance Agent from California
CALTCAgent is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by RINCN View Post
I'm not fully sure, he may have had it since his ACL surgery in '95 and just decided it would be better to keep it. He was walking with arthritis pain between that and his knee replacements.
I would just check to make sure nothing was written by the Dr. to keep this placard.

True story. I remember an appointment with a lady that lived on a golf course. I ask her about mobility issues. She jumps up and starts running down the hallway and circles around the living room and back to the kitchen table. She then starts jumping up and down. Decent vertical leap for her age. Made me wish I was doing phone sales at that moment.

She didn't tell me she had a handicap placard because of arthritis. She was declined.
Reply to Potential LTC Case - Suggestions Welcome 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Long Term Care Insurance Forum