MICHIGAN - 14 Exchange Carriers.

"unfortunately, the old rules of supply and demand won't apply due to the artificial pricing subsidies."

I disagree. If someone is elligible for a $150 tax credit, it doesn't matter which carrier they apply it to. One carrier might have a price of $350, which leaves a net due of $200. Another company might have a price of $200, which leaves a net due of $50. So the net price due will be what the consumer will be looking at.

At one of my wholesaler meetings, I remember them saying that they hoped their products were "competitive" in the marketplace. Very interesting point.

----------

That's the long and short of it. I am planning a big push in the surrounding counties around us and am currently working my strategy, but that will be the case.

"I'm sorry Mr. Farmer, in your county, you get to choose from either of these plans, neither of which include your current doctor and the nearest hospital in network is 45 miles away. The good news is that you may qualify for a subsidy. I did, however find your doctor and local hospital in this network off the exchange, but no subsidy for you there. Which do you want to sign up for?" How do you think this will go?
Very valid point. Not all carriers are offering their products statewide.

Back