Georgia moving to its own exchange in 2024

Assuming they get all the programming done in time, what does that mean to the hundreds of thousands of Georgia folk already with coverage in 2023 on HC.Gov...and what does that mean to brokers like myself who may have all their Georgia clients on healthSherpa? Sherpa is ONLY for states using the federal exchange.

Will all the exisiting 2023 client data move to the GA exchange as a starting point? will everyone have to start all over with all new applications and associated info? Will brokers still have access through Sherpa to get the 2023 info? I'll hope the people who programmed the Georgia exchange did not make it as cumbersome as hc.gov...so maybe it won't be too bad to do enrollments, but Sherpa is a life saver in terms of access to client files, ease of enrollment, etc. Renewing people every year is a piece of cake..whereas enrolling them from scratch is not by comparison. If its a new exchange, it would need all user id and passwords to do anything, unles that moves over too.

Has any other state made this transition? and if so, how did that work?

Why does this seem to feel like a cluster**** for me?

Great questions! When you read GA Declaration of Intent (https://oci.georgia.gov/news/2023-02-14/exchange-declaration-intent-letter) you'll notice they mention "private-sector enrollment partners". That means EDE entities like HealthSherpa!

While there will be some state specific requirements, we're working with the GA team to make sure the transition is as smooth as possible for our existing agents doing business in GA. We'll have more announcements coming shortly about what this looks like for our agent partners and anything they will need to do with existing GA clients (you won't need to start from scratch, that much I can share now!).

Important Note: CMS has still not given their final approval for this to go live in OEP 24, so it could potentially get pushed back again to OEP 25.

Great questions! When you read GA Declaration of Intent (https://oci.georgia.gov/news/2023-02-14/exchange-declaration-intent-letter) you'll notice they mention "private-sector enrollment partners". That means EDE entities like HealthSherpa!

While there will be some state specific requirements, we're working with the GA team to make sure the transition is as smooth as possible for our existing agents doing business in GA. We'll have more announcements coming shortly about what this looks like for our agent partners and anything they will need to do with existing GA clients (you won't need to start from scratch, that much I can share now!).

Important Note: CMS has still not given their final approval for this to go live in OEP 24, so it could potentially get pushed back again to OEP 25.

Ummm….who are you?

And with what Georgia DOI just did to Friday members by not requiring the new carriers to accept the accumulators, let’s not talk about GA caring about their enrollees.

Since you are apparently the "health sherpa" guy...how was the transition in Virgina?...since it went from Federal to State exchange for 2024.. If I call broker support at health sherpa, they just provide a canned answer of "we dont work with state exchanges". That seems to contradict what you said.

Glad Georgia got pushed back to 2025 so I did not have to worry about it this time.

Assuming they get all the programming done in time, what does that mean to the hundreds of thousands of Georgia folk already with coverage in 2023 on HC.Gov...and what does that mean to brokers like myself who may have all their Georgia clients on healthSherpa? Sherpa is ONLY for states using the federal exchange.

Will all the exisiting 2023 client data move to the GA exchange as a starting point? will everyone have to start all over with all new applications and associated info? Will brokers still have access through Sherpa to get the 2023 info? I'll hope the people who programmed the Georgia exchange did not make it as cumbersome as hc.gov...so maybe it won't be too bad to do enrollments, but Sherpa is a life saver in terms of access to client files, ease of enrollment, etc. Renewing people every year is a piece of cake..whereas enrolling them from scratch is not by comparison. If its a new exchange, it would need all user id and passwords to do anything, unles that moves over too.

Has any other state made this transition? and if so, how did that work?

Why does this seem to feel like a cluster**** for me?

Nope. 2025.

Back