20 Minutes to Explain a $500 Annual Policy

KYB

Expert
Heck, what do I care. 69 year old retired widow with an old Volvo had lots of questions but was willing to listen to me. Maybe I'm just happy to talk to anyone that does listen to me.

Not something I do really often but we do have her home insured and she's been with us a long time. Does not hurt her cause that she is a sweetheart. Which reminds me we have a female agent here that objects to such terms of endearment form other males, but that's another thread entirely :yes:

. Does not hurt her cause that she is a sweetheart. Which reminds me we have a female agent here that objects to such terms of endearment form other males, but that's another thread entirely

What has been your experience with this type of issue in your office/community ? I would be interested in what individual offices are experiencing in this area.

We are in an old railroading/coal mining area, and not subject to a lot of the crap (as I view it) as metropolitan areas and some suburban areas, so it's not a big issue. But as an agent, you have to be flexible in what offends you imo, and you still shouldn't go around calling women sweetheart.

This same coworker, who I am friendly with, told me it was condescending to say to a customer "You can talk to the girls if I'm not here when you call." I was referring to her & another female coworker (respective ages are 35 and 70). I just said "Interesting." We are friendly but not close.

Back