2017 Goals - Whatca Got?

Herkster

Guru
100+ Post Club
So, what is everyone hoping to complete in 2017? Increasing staff? Moving from owner/producer to managing the book? Writing a **** ton of business?

Personally, I'm hoping to increase our farm book size by 15% on the low end, anything over 25% would be extremely awesome. With that, I want to cross sell some of our farm customers on the crop insurance products we offer, and cross sell the crop insurance guys that aren't farm customers, their farm policies.

Home and autos...eh, no real goal there. I'll take the walk in business if it comes, but I don't really market towards it, as I'm more of the farm/crop producer.

***I'm salary + small commissions and I'm in an extremely small community, so my volume is a bit lax compared to most on here.

Rural MN no elevators with these 3 coops but they do LP/fuel delivery, anhydrous, seed sales, tires ect.

I'm happy to report that for 2017 I have a new hire & I couldn't give two $hits about growing anymore. I'm handing off all new referrals & focusing on other business ventures. I want as little involvement in insurance as possible because I can't stand this business.

It's been nice being the community @$$hole on these forums but my hat is hung folks. My income threshold is met & now I'm going a new direction all together.

Private labeling...here I come.

I'm happy to report that for 2017 I have a new hire & I couldn't give two about growing anymore. I'm handing off all new referrals & focusing on other business ventures. I want as little involvement in insurance as possible because I can't stand this business.

It's been nice being the community @$ on these forums but my hat is hung folks. My income threshold is met & now I'm going a new direction all together.

So, give us a synopsis of your book of business. When did you start, and how much do you have enforce? Only one CSR on staff, correct? Seems like you flew in, wrote a bunch, got your book to the size that will allow you to live life how you like, and then are moving to bigger and better things?
Just using this as a passive income stream now?
Looking to sell it?
Hell, I'd just go sit in the corner office with a nice bottle of scotch and meet with my favorite clients all day :)

I'm happy to report that for 2017 I have a new hire & I couldn't give two about growing anymore. I'm handing off all new referrals & focusing on other business ventures. I want as little involvement in insurance as possible because I can't stand this business.

It's been nice being the community @$ on these forums but my hat is hung folks. My income threshold is met & now I'm going a new direction all together.

I'm sorry that you can't stand the business, but I'm really happy for you.

:noteworthy:Congratulations:noteworthy: are in order for reaching your income goals and being able to move onto other goals that still excite you.

I've recently modified my insurance goals. In 1985 my goal was 1,000 clients. I reached that goal, but only if you don't infer that I wanted commissions from each of my clients. Most of the policies I have on the books won't be commissionable in 2017.

Now my goal is 1,000 commissionable policies with as few client-households as possible.

Ideally I would love to have 200 households that have their auto, home, life and Medicare Supplements with me. Realistically, I will need 500 households plus or minus a hundred. So my long term goal is 1,000 commissionable policies in 600 or fewer households. Then I'll put it on cruise control, spend more time in the gym, dojo and pool.

Maybe at that point I'll hire someone I like who deserves a break and wants a mentor. (Emphasis on the word "deserves." Too many people don't want to participate in their own rescue.)

For 2017 my goals are to average an app a day for myself by selling a combination of auto, home and Medicare related plans and to help my partner reach her goal, which I besides the mix of business she prefers, is similar to mine.

I'll reach my new long term goal some time in 2018.

Back