AmTrust

1manshow

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pa
Anyone having success writing commercial p/c with these guys? I'm talking with them on contracting and am curious who's writing what and where. Are seeing them as tough to beat on any specific classes?

Their niche is lumber related...but they claim to do well in other preferred classes. I was hoping to hear some experiences with others who've run across them.

Commercial auto, BOPs, and WC for contractors and some other small businesses is great! They are half the rate of some other companies. Just beware of the coastal guidelines in your area, that automatically disqualifies a lot of business here (for BOPs).

They are buying up other insurance companies. I know they just bought a good chunk of the Tower book. They are going places. I'm not sure of the longevity of this model. It didn't work out so well for Tower. If you have an opportunity to get them I would.
I write some comp with them and just started quoting some auto. They are priced fairly for those classes. I think they just started writing BOPs in NY.

Anyone else have any experience with them on BOP or GL in NY?

They are buying up other insurance companies. I know they just bought a good chunk of the Tower book. They are going places. I'm not sure of the longevity of this model. It didn't work out so well for Tower. If you have an opportunity to get them I would.
I write some comp with them and just started quoting some auto. They are priced fairly for those classes. I think they just started writing BOPs in NY.

Anyone else have any experience with them on BOP or GL in NY?

Good rates in NY with BOP's. Anything that needs professional seems to be a good class with them

No admitted company is going to write NYC contractors for long... Amtrust does write significant WC. But BOP's for contractors... not going to last long if they are. Until the Scaffold law gets reformed nyc contractors are going to be tough.

Back