Anyone with Experience with SIAA ?

again it depends on what you are comfortable with. that can be negotiated, mine is not 15 years. I would say the shorter the better so I would at least negotiate it. Even after your contract is up you may decide to continue with them anyways.

It seems the SIAA is very very slow in responding to the email/calls. Do you have the same concern with them? I have not yet signed up with them, and may go somewhere else (Suerior Access may be)

Why not producing with a local agency in your state that is willing to let you have ownership of your book and good commission split.
I am currently working with one and I get 75% of what they get ,and ownership of my book.I know Marketing guys of Travelers, Safeco,etc now.That will make it easier to get appointed.Remember that when you have direct appointment you must meet your production commitments , so that's why this agency is dealing with me.It's a win win for both of us.

Saw your post on insurance-forum and wanted to follow up, You mentioned that you have some type of arrangement with another insurance agency that helps you with carriers, etc.

That's interesting as that is what I am looking in to. I have a small investment and financial planning business and have recently obtained my p&c license. There are two agencies that are looking into some type of collaboration with me. I was wondering if you could give me some detail on how you are structured, commission splits, and what you get form them.

There are two different options I am looking at now. One would be more of a "referral arrangement" with one agency where we would engage in cross-selling. They do not currently offer the financial/investment programs that I have so that could be a new area for them to offer that to their clients through me. The clients would be mine and the owner of the agency will obtain his license in order to split fees.

The second agency would want me to be more of a satellite office. I would start out and then within a year hopefully bring an agent on to begin building the p&c business. I would submit business through them therefore I have their carriers available to me. I would become more stand-alone after the first year but would submit business through them still as that would help with their volume requirements and give us carriers.

Both agencies have the AMS management system that would be available to us.

The first option would be more referral in nature and the second option would entail me and eventual staff becoming more involved in the business. Either way the first 2 critical start-up problems are solved - carrier appointments and an agency management system.

Thanks for your help and insight.

Re: Anyone with Experience with SIAA???

I know I am extremely late to this post, but could you explain what you mean by 125%?

Back