Cold Calling for Homeowners Insurance

fla2cali

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Does anyone really do this anymore? Is it worth it? What were your results? I think I'm in the toughest state in the country for this, CA. Any thoughts?

Parts of CA are very, very tough for telemarketing. Parts are probably okay. Not sure there are any great areas.

In general though, the Bay Area and LA are pretty much not workable via telemarketing, at least in my experience. Get outside of those areas and you can make it happen, at least somewhat. Of course, others will strongly disagree and say these areas are great, so its all what you make of it.

Dan

Does anyone really do this anymore? Is it worth it? What were your results? I think I'm in the toughest state in the country for this, CA. Any thoughts?

If your going to do it make sure you get a list of homeowners x-dates first. Possibly consider getting someone to make calls with you.

Yes, I'll be calling off of a x date list... I'm in the Bay Area, but I'm willing to go outside of it.

Once you get one client on a particular block, change your program ask if you can contact his/her neighbors in a referral mode. Let us know if you do and how it goes.

If nobody is doing it anymore, that'd be my motivation for starting to do it. I agree, cole is a good source but if you want all types of leads and lists infofree might be a better bargain.

If nobody is doing it anymore, that'd be my motivation for starting to do it. I agree, cole is a good source but if you want all types of leads and lists infofree might be a better bargain.

Have you seen their prices lately? $59 setup + $49/month for 500 records a month, then only 8 cents a record for extra data.

Ouch ! I better keep the plan I have....they must have raised the $$

They've kinda been doing that non-stop for at least a year, maybe two. By the end of the week (maybe by the end of the day) I should have a very similar service to the one they used to offer; $50/month for unlimited lists. It's not going to be as targeted or running off the same DB I have now (and will keep offering), but it's a very compelling price point that should be a great solution for folks that were looking at InfoFree and wanting their old price point.

Back