FWCJUA in FL; Workers' Comp

Has anyone worked with Florida's Workers' Compensation Joint Underwriting Association, Inc in Florida. The State seems to be a popular place to go to in California but I was not able to get much information for the one here. Are they hard to work with? Are the quotes on their webpage reliable? Have you had a good experience with them? Thanks in advance.

Has anyone worked with Florida's Workers' Compensation Joint Underwriting Association, Inc in Florida. The State seems to be a popular place to go to in California but I was not able to get much information for the one here. Are they hard to work with? Are the quotes on their webpage reliable? Have you had a good experience with them? Thanks in advance.

No but there's a website for Citizens, another for auto JUA, and I'm pretty sure there was also a website for the workers comp JUA.

----------

Website is fwcjua.com

They're ridiculous to work with. We wrote a large national construction risk based in Florida last year and had to go to Florida assigned risk with the comp. One of the very small minority shareholders in the construction company owns 19 other businesses to some extent. Most of the businesses are restaurant or bars. Long story short they required loss runs on each business, an ERM14 form which brought their standard mod down to .78 and then added a ton of restaurant classes to the construction policy WITH assumed payroll shooting the premium up "bigly". That was last August and we finished getting it fixed last week.

The JUA is a lengthy process and also one that can end up costing the client way more than they anticipated. I have had good luck placing clients with PEOs when the JUA quote is astronomical. It works out well for high risk clients or those facing cancellations due to freak accidents.

Back