Grange Insurance Homeowners Claim What Will Happen??

lifeagent007

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hey guys I was hoping I could get some advice regarding a claim I have filed with Grange insurance. I had a sewer/drain backup in my home that started in the bathroom but spilled out into the hall, across to another bedroom, soaked through drywall into a 2nd bedroom. It damaged tons of clothes, and other personal items most mine and some of the gf's. roughly half of the carpet was soaked.

I do have a sewer/drain backup rider on this policy

My questions are...

-How is Grange as a company regarding claims?
-Do they resolve quickly and fairly or do they drag their feet and lowball offers?

-Will they replace all the carpet or only the half that was soaked?

-I now have mold growing where the drywall was soaked with the sewer water even though the emergency team put in a dehumidifier and fans blowing through the affected area. only days after the seepage, will they cover the mold remediation because it was caused by the backup?

-My drop down ceiling also collapsed a few hours after the emergency clean up crew/plumber came to my house. I think it may have been humid/moist air. It could have also been a plumber/clean up crew poking around because my water pipes were just above. Or a combination of the both.

I don't want to make 2 separate claims so should i just forget the drop down ceiling and worry about the obvious water damage or should i talk to the appraiser about the ceiling as well?

I'm sorry about the lengthy post but i'm so stressed thinking about when the appraiser comes.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated :yes:

Thank you in advance

Lifeagent007

Last edited:
Wouldn't it have been quicker to call your agent instead of heading to these online forums?

Yes except it happened on Thursday of thanksgiving and his agency is just now open. Plus I'm an active member of this forum and have come to trust and respect the input of my fellow insurance agents.

:yes:

Thank You,

Lifeagent007

Hey guys I was hoping I could get some advice regarding a claim I have filed with Grange insurance. I had a sewer/drain backup in my home that started in the bathroom but spilled out into the hall, across to another bedroom, soaked through drywall into a 2nd bedroom. It damaged tons of clothes, and other personal items most mine and some of the gf's. roughly half of the carpet was soaked.

I do have a sewer/drain backup rider on this policy

My questions are...

-How is Grange as a company regarding claims?
-Do they resolve quickly and fairly or do they drag their feet and lowball offers?

-Will they replace all the carpet or only the half that was soaked?

-I now have mold growing where the drywall was soaked with the sewer water even though the emergency team put in a dehumidifier and fans blowing through the affected area. only days after the seepage, will they cover the mold remediation because it was caused by the backup?

-My drop down ceiling also collapsed a few hours after the emergency clean up crew/plumber came to my house. I think it may have been humid/moist air. It could have also been a plumber/clean up crew poking around because my water pipes were just above. Or a combination of the both.

I don't want to make 2 separate claims so should i just forget the drop down ceiling and worry about the obvious water damage or should i talk to the appraiser about the ceiling as well?

I'm sorry about the lengthy post but i'm so stressed thinking about when the appraiser comes.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated :yes:

Thank you in advance

Lifeagent007

-I've had overall good experiences w/ Grange handling claims, but I don't write much w/ them in my state. You will need to know exactly how their water backup endorsement reads for your state. If it reads like State Farm's then they won't cover contents or finish work such as carpeting. In my state their water backup endorsement is strong, so I wouldn't fret there...just open up the policy jacket & read it. If the carpet is covered they will pay to re-carpet the whole room that was damaged & not just replace 50% of a room. If they try..you'll argue that & win.

As far as mold? It wouldn't have developed that quick BUT typically the limit for mold remediation in the event it's from a covered loss is $5,000. Grange may be more in your state. The drop ceiling should be covered & that shouldn't be a separate claim. It's (1) water backup claim. If the mold was NOT from the water backup..some sneaky contractors will find ways to inflate the drop ceiling/carpet cost to cover mold work. It's not supposed to work that way BUT it happens all the time.

Back