Insurance for Teacher Property

This question was presented to me today, so I thought I would put it here to see if anyone has had any experience in this area. Is there an insurance product that will protect an educator's personal property while in their classroom? Is this covered by the school's policy? When I say personal property, I mean the teacher's property that is used for educating (i.e. textbooks owned by the teacher) that stay in the classroom 24/7. Thanks in advance for any info on this.

So teacher has 30 textbooks, each cost $300 to replace = $9000 potential loss.

I'm thinking the teacher could schedule the personal property as a personal articles floater under their homeowners policy.

As a former teacher, I can tell you that you're probably not going to get a lot of business in this area even if you can find someone to insure it.

As a former teacher, I can tell you that you're probably not going to get a lot of business in this area even if you can find someone to insure it.

Yea, I wasn't looking into it as a potential money maker. I just had a couple of teachers ask me about it (my wife was one of them), so I wanted to get an answer for them.

Benefits Man, I thought about that but have not looked into it. I know that in many cases regarding personal property on homeowners policies there are limitations when it comes to being located away from the home (i.e. time spent at another location).

Thanks for the input.

Back