Commercial Property Construction Data

Nezha

Expert
Hey guys, do you know where I can find the Commercial Property Construction Data, like what is the built year, what's the square footage, what's the roof material, when is the roof updated, data like this? It's for quoting purpose. For example:
4903 Tamiami Trl E, Naples, FL 34113?

Much appreciated!

I don't think there is just one place for all of that.

Start with the Collier County (where Naples is) property appraiser. Lots of information there.

Beyond that, ask the client.

Or, here's a novel approach. Go look at the building.

County property and county permit searches (typically separate websites) are your best bets. In my experience, asking the client is not always helpful. (They either don't know, or their top-of head guestimates are too far off.) And driving to each location is A) impractical and B) not useful unless you have some knowledge of construction techniques.

There are software options to dig up property info, but they're not always on point and are usually expensive. Take CoreLogic, for instance—it's good at sizing up reconstruction costs based on construction type & square footage, as well as wildfire risks and floods. Still, if you're hoping for a straightforward rundown on building specifics and updates, it's a bit of a stretch. You usually need to feed it information about the building characteristics to get it to work correctly.

It's surprising how many building updates slip through the cracks and never make it into the city or county records. Plus, other issues with these systems make pulling everything into a neat database difficult.

When it comes to getting the lowdown on commercial properties, you still gotta put in some legwork.

County property and county permit searches (typically separate websites) are your best bets. In my experience, asking the client is not always helpful. (They either don't know, or their top-of head guestimates are too far off.) And driving to each location is A) impractical and B) not useful unless you have some knowledge of construction techniques.

That's correct. The client won't know what the roof material is and what the exterior wall is made of. So there got to be some data like builder's data (show the roof material and exterior wall material) and permit data that shows when the roof is done, things like this. But where to get the data?

I don't think there is just one place for all of that.

Start with the Collier County (where Naples is) property appraiser. Lots of information there.

Beyond that, ask the client.

Or, here's a novel approach. Go look at the building.

I checked the county cad and it's blank-no info for this property at all...

I checked the county cad and it's blank-no info for this property at all...

I just ran a report on it, no info on building characteristics. No database will likely have information on it; you'll have to get the info from the owner.

You might want to remind the owner that the Florida property insurance market is horrible right now and it's in their best interest to have and provide this info. They're probably not worth your time if they're unwilling to help you gather it.

Hey I never know there is a separate permit website???

Collier County-FL: can you find the website to give me an example?

I just ran a report on it, no info on building characteristics. No database will likely have information on it; you'll have to get the info from the owner.

You might want to remind the owner that the Florida property insurance market is horrible right now and it's in their best interest to have and provide this info. They're probably not worth your time if they're unwilling to help you gather it.

Totally agree ON "They're probably not worth your time if they're unwilling to help you gather it".

Back