Marketing to Families with Teen Drivers And/or Divorcee's?

Tylerstc

Expert
I have issued a couple large auto policies this week to families with teen drivers, and would really like to market this demographic. They often are homeowners, have multiple cars, and the young drivers drive up the premium greatly.

Any suggestions on marketing techniques that might actually work? I get my business mainly off of referrals, so am not experienced in advertising. Kind of corny, but I was thinking maybe advertise at high school stadiums, high school newspapers, maybe somehow with drivers ed, etc. Any referral sources you can think of that would target this demographic?

I also think marketing to recent divorcee's could be a good market too. I've had some good policies with recent divorcee's, and their young drivers too. They have been through a big change, and are probably looking to split up their insurance, plus save some money. Maybe try working with divorce attorney's?

Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

There is a reason why the premiums is higher for the teen drivers. If you aren't concerned about your loss ratio, I suppose targeting them is a good way to increase the premium. I wouldn't go after them since they don't pay the bills, try advertising in the local pta or where ever parents hang out at.

Back