Nationwide Dumping All Non Standard Lines?

Harleysville was a great Erie like carrier until they got bought out. My buddy has an agency with them and after Nationwide bought them it all went south, they literally weren't accepting new business for a while

Harleysville was a great Erie like carrier until they got bought out. My buddy has an agency with them and after Nationwide bought them it all went south, they literally weren't accepting new business for a while

I thought Harleysville always WAS a Nationwide company.

And by the way, they've taken a huge increase on contractor's liability in NYC. I've actually saved a few clients tens of thousands by placing them in E&S.

I thought Harleysville always WAS a Nationwide company. And by the way, they've taken a huge increase on contractor's liability in NYC. I've actually saved a few clients tens of thousands by placing them in E&S.

They were their own independent company which got bought out by Nationwide. They don't write contractors in NYC anymore so it would make sense for them to take rate and get rid of their existing book.

They were their own independent company which got bought out by Nationwide. They don't write contractors in NYC anymore so it would make sense for them to take rate and get rid of their existing book.

yup.. Nationwide destroyed them.

Harleysville was a great PA company

Still have not figured out what to do here. I have at least 30 on the books that Nat Gen does not want, real effing screw ups I don't even want. Where do you put them in New York?

Still have not figured out what to do here. I have at least 30 on the books that Nat Gen does not want, real effing screw ups I don't even want. Where do you put them in New York?
I thought progressive loves to take screw ups. But charge am arm and a leg fkr

If I can find someone for them but its not like I have all day to worry about them. Chances are half will have cancelled for non pay before the expiration.

Back