Need Advise for P& C in Nj

piyu

Hello i am new in insurance field and working at geico with local agency for 4 months and like to have my own business as independent agent. any advise will be appreciated, lives in south jersey
Thank You in Advance

NJ is even more tough to get direct appointments off the bat. I would suggest going with an cluster first. But with 4 months, I would stay for the whole year to build up experience at least.

work there for a bit get experience - after the first year maybe approach an independent agent for a mentor-ship program. Have them show you the ropes and what it takes to start your own agency.

After that you will know if you want to be an agency owner or not. At the very least you will know what to expect.

Thank you for the reply, but my thinking is should i work with indepedent agent or captive agent to have better experience?

Hello i am new in insurance field and working at geico with local agency for 4 months and like to have my own business as independent agent. any advise will be appreciated, lives in south jersey
Thank You in Advance

It's advice - not advise.

What else would you like help with? :)

Back