Safeco Rate Hikes in NV

RickGerlock

Anyone else out there in Nevada getting hit hard by these rate increases by Safeco? It's been a cluster**** the last month with losing clients and scrambling to keep others. Our agency has lost 25k in premium just the last 4 weeks and saved maybe 20k by re-writing elsewhere. Safeco is our largest carrier and I am getting heartburn just thinking about the next 11 months if this past one is any indication.

Kansas, Base residence coverage (safeco), not including riders and discounts, approx 13% increase for 2017.

Safeco in Texas is over 50% increases this year.

If I were you'd I'd be very proactive before renewals hit.

FWIW I haven't written a Safeco home policy in years. They're used as a holding tank on auto until certain risks can be moved to more preferred package carriers. With their recent commission cuts, you'll notice more IA's treating them this way. This is why I urge IA's to STOP WRITING NATIONAL CARRIERS and stick with regional mutual's who pay better & are more stable with rates.

Eff Safeco

FWIW I haven't written a Safeco home policy in years. They're used as a holding tank on auto until certain risks can be moved to more preferred package carriers. With their recent commission cuts, you'll notice more IA's treating them this way. This is why I urge IA's to STOP WRITING NATIONAL CARRIERS and stick with regional mutual's who pay better & are more stable with rates. Eff Safeco

NYC2PHI likes this comment

FWIW I haven't written a Safeco home policy in years. They're used as a holding tank on auto until certain risks can be moved to more preferred package carriers. With their recent commission cuts, you'll notice more IA's treating them this way. This is why I urge IA's to STOP WRITING NATIONAL CARRIERS and stick with regional mutual's who pay better & are more stable with rates.

Eff Safeco

2 questions:

How do I learn more about "regional mutuals"?

What do you see as "reasonable" increases on home and on auto?

I mean no offense here, but you should know who the regionals are in your market. They're typically the carriers that don't have agents on every corner & when you run into their pricing they're untouchable.

I mean no offense here, but you should know who the regionals are in your market. They're typically the carriers that don't have agents on every corner & when you run into their pricing they're untouchable.

I just we had more regional standard carriers to choose from out here in Nevada

Back