Search Engine Optimization

Jazz10

Expert
Does anyone here write articles to post on their website or blog to get more exposure on the internet and more traffic to your website?

If so do you write your own material?

Does anyone here write articles to post on their website or blog to get more exposure on the internet and more traffic to your website?

Google stopped that years ago from ranking. It's impossible to get SEO to actually rank you in any common or semi common key words unless you are paying for them with insurance. Best bet is to get positive reviews on google. From active users and customers to rank you higher in your area. Social media is best with activity not SEO.

Google stopped that years ago from ranking. It's impossible to get SEO to actually rank you in any common or semi common key words unless you are paying for them with insurance. Best bet is to get positive reviews on google. From active users and customers to rank you higher in your area. Social media is best with activity not SEO.

Thanks for the response. Trying to gain internet presence is a daunting task today!

Thanks for the response. Trying to gain internet presence is a daunting task today!

It's a full time gig trying to get "real" traction online. I know a couple of agents who do it but they actually hired a full time staff person to run their online presence for ranking. I wouldn't think you would get high quality leads from that. But to each their own.

It's a full time gig trying to get "real" traction online. I know a couple of agents who do it but they actually hired a full time staff person to run their online presence for ranking. I wouldn't think you would get high quality leads from that. But to each their own.

I've received high quality leads from SEO. They are not as high quality as referrals, but much better than paid leads.

Technically a lead from SEO is a paid lead unless you do all the work yourself, but the quality will be higher and the cost per lead can be much lower.

I would try to rank for zip code specific keywords. 'Auto Insurance 98406'.

You won't generate as many leads as someone ranked for 'auto insurance seattle', but the leads should be high intent and easier to rank for.

It's a long thought out process that includes writing articles that are high quality and often. And not all articles are the same. You can write articles and drive traffic, but if they're not eye balls with buying intent, it won't be very helpful.

Plus, you have to make the investment into your website and prospect/customer experience so when they do arrive, they're glad they did.

Before starting my agency, I generated millions of page views writing investment/business related articles with world-class editors putting a "spit-shine" on them. So I think it's fair to say I understand the nuances to generating interest and it's taken me over two years (starting from zero though) to effectively rank. It will likely take another two years for me to rank in the very top, but that's the nature of the beast.

If you're willing to invest in a strategy that will take five plus years to pay off, it might pay off handsomely because the traffic is valuable (as we all know).

That said, I believe buying traffic will remain an essential strategy to generate business

It's a long thought out process that includes writing articles that are high quality and often. And not all articles are the same. You can write articles and drive traffic, but if they're not eye balls with buying intent, it won't be very helpful.

Plus, you have to make the investment into your website and prospect/customer experience so when they do arrive, they're glad they did.

Before starting my agency, I generated millions of page views writing investment/business related articles with world-class editors putting a "spit-shine" on them. So I think it's fair to say I understand the nuances to generating interest and it's taken me over two years (starting from zero though) to effectively rank. It will likely take another two years for me to rank in the very top, but that's the nature of the beast.

If you're willing to invest in a strategy that will take five plus years to pay off, it might pay off handsomely because the traffic is valuable (as we all know).

That said, I believe buying traffic will remain an essential strategy to generate business

Thank you for the response. I am not sure I have the writing skills to do what you just described.
What do you me by buying traffic?

Thank you for the response. I am not sure I have the writing skills to do what you just described.
What do you me by buying traffic?

You're welcome. Buying traffic can come from many sources, but often the first thing thought of is keyword buying (adwords & Bing search ads)

I've read about, but haven't moved forward with Facebook ads, but that may a viable way to drive traffic

I have not been able to make money with regular FB ads.

I have been able to make money on Facebook with remarketing. (Remarketing is showing adds selectively to people who have visited your site or taken a particular action on your site.)

I get great ROI from remarketing on Google, Bing and FB. I haven't tried other platforms.

Since you can only remarket/retarget your own visitors your volume will be low, but it may give you better ROI than anything else you do.

Back