Selling 50 to 60 Policies Per Month but No Commission

I've been doing this for well over a year now. I average about 52 policies including P&C, life, bank loans, etc. I only get commission if I have 30 raw new in auto, 11 in fire and 3 life. They must also be issued by the end of the month. So even if I sell 100 policies and don't hit that mix, I get no commission. Add-ons do not count. I only made bonus/commission twice last year even though I sold well over 600 policies for the entire year. Is that fair or am I getting ripped off? The entire year I only had 23 chargebacks. Base pay is 25k.

Where are you located? Sounds like typical shitty State Farm Deal.

YES!!! That's exactly what it is!!!

----------

YES!!! That's exactly what it is!!!

That's a really bad base pay even for SF. My old roommate just opened up an office in North Fl last February and he is kicking ass. I think his base pay is around $35k for his employees and they get commissions too. If you're in N FL I'm sure he'd love to have you.

Or go find another P&C shop that is indy and will pay you more. But you have to know that going indy you will not sell as much. You'll lose the SF name.

600 Pif

23k Base.

Let me paint a picture.

600 pif in the captive world is different so let me sand bag a bit, you are talking about items.

but lets conservatively ballpark your WP (40k a month your number not mine) X 12

480k in WP= Sandbagged at 15% because you know that new state farm agent has a great comp plan to help him come out of the gates feeling like he is winning.

480k X .15= 72k in income? If you are drumming up the leads and not just sitting there taking care of people coming in you are getting ripped off.

You should be getting 60k.

Go Indy... Start your own agency, work for an Indy- I can point you to 20 of them in GA. Learn more. This was a good first experience. But Bail NOW!

If you can drum up 480k in WP in year one you will be making WAYYYY more money. Ask yourself if you did that, or your employer, or the brand name. Don't put your head down and Hit that spike. Take the spike and use it to brake the chain keeping you there. Give me a call shoot me a PM. Seek other options. 23k is no good IF you created 480k in NWP for that agent.

If you're at SF then they are funneling leads to you spending a ton. But if you truly are selling 40k in premium then your base should be around 35-40k and should be making 20-30% commission and 20% renewals. Take your sales records to any larger agency and they will hire you in a heartbeat.

Or move to Texas and I'll hire you at that rate.

Last edited:
That's a really bad base pay even for SF. My old roommate just opened up an office in North Fl last February and he is kicking ass. I think his base pay is around $35k for his employees and they get commissions too. If you're in N FL I'm sure he'd love to have you.

Or go find another P&C shop that is indy and will pay you more. But you have to know that going indy you will not sell as much. You'll

Wow! I just want to get paid for what I sell. This is so unfair. I'm making someone else rich. I wish I could uproot and move to somewhere that I could actually get paid fairly.

----------

600 Pif

23k Base.

Let me paint a picture.

600 pif in the captive world is different so let me sand bag a bit, you are talking about items.

but lets conservatively ballpark your WP (40k a month your number not mine) X 12

480k in WP= Sandbagged at 15% because you know that new state farm agent has a great comp plan to help him come out of the gates feeling like he is winning.

480k X .15= 72k in income? If you are drumming up the leads and not just sitting there taking care of people coming in you are getting ripped off.

You should be getting 60k.

Go Indy... Start your own agency, work for an Indy- I can point you to 20 of them in GA. Learn more. This was a good first experience. But Bail NOW!

If you can drum up 480k in WP in year one you will be making WAYYYY more money. Ask yourself if you did that, or your employer, or the brand name. Don't put your head down and Hit that spike. Take the spike and use it to brake the chain keeping you there. Give me a call shoot me a PM. Seek other options. 23k is no good IF you created 480k in NWP for that agent.

I sent you a PM.

----------

If you're at SF then they are funneling leads to you spending a ton. But if you truly are selling 40k in premium then your base should be around 35-40k and should be making 20-30% commission and 20% renewals. Take your sales records to any larger agency and they will hire you in a heartbeat.

Or move to Texas and I'll hire you at that rate.

He started off with the leads but he doesn't purchase those anymore. I multi-line current customers, take call-ins and walk-ins, referrals and create my own leads. I sickening to think how much money I have brought in, yet how little I have made. I wish I could move to Texas tomorrow!!!

It's perfectly fair, now just keep hitting the spike with that hammer and keep your eyes down!

You know in your heart and also mind apparently that it isn't fair or your 1st post upon entering this vast library of knowledge wouldn't be so self centered around your personal income potential.

I'm only joking around some but my question is how did you get started? Why did you think that was a fair trade off or commission and bonus structure? How much longer do you think you can keep up working for less than $500 a week with no end in sight?

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Lol perfectly fair? Highway Robbery is more like it.

Come up north! I'll start you off at 25K base and pay you 50% commission and if you hit 40 policies or 40K premium/mo...I'll up it even more..Eventually, you can go 100% with draw if you want....we'll draw up something that works for both of us...
Good sales agent should be rewarded to stay and not scared away. You getting screwed in my books...

Noting shawnmwalker, you should be making about 1.5X the example given since autos renew every 6 month.

If you want to stay in GA, I know few agents to call around to get you hired with a lot more than what you making...
Good luck! PM me with your phone# and if you want to talk...

Come up north! I'll start you off at 25K base and pay you 50% commission and if you hit 40 policies or 40K premium/mo...I'll up it even more..Eventually, you can go 100% with draw if you want....we'll draw up something that works for both of us...
Good sales agent should be rewarded to stay and not scared away. You getting screwed in my books...

Noting shawnmwalker, you should be making about 1.5X the example given since autos renew every 6 month.

If you want to stay in GA, I know few agents to call around to get you hired with a lot more than what you making...
Good luck! PM me with your phone# and if you want to talk...

I sent you a PM.

Back