Are All Bankers Life & Casualty Agents ...

Re: Are All Bankers Life & Casualty Agents Liars?

Wow. This is true for me. When I went into BLC I had come from Retail, managing Sears. I didn't know sales to save my ass. One man trained me at BLC. In retrospect, I didn't know I was being trained to be manipulative. I was taught to control the conversation, all by asking open ended questions, doing so in a way that the other person would answer the way I wanted them to. All the while, it was open ended, I wasn't "Telling" them (Telling is selling) anything. At the end, it was all their idea. I was taught how to hold my head, control my body language, and how to read theirs and use it. The thing that made it alright to do this at the time was the idea, the rock solid belief that I had to do this to "Help them help themselves", and knowing that I actually had their best interests in mind.

Today, the blinders are gone. I am no longer drinking the kool-aid. I am no longer manipulative, AT ALL. However, I know how to solve problems creatively. I know how to LISTEN, to verbal as well as visual, and I still control my own stage presence. I have had to UN-LEARN as much as I have learned in the last 9 months, but I have a much higher skill set for it.

To a prior poster's comment about BLC agents actions being inexcusable, that they are lazy: You are right, they are inexcusable, but not all are lazy, most aren't. Please remember that we WANT to believe that we are doing good things! What is "inexcusable" is when that person wakes up, sees the truth, and does nothing to change.

Do you think this will wake up any of them?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-500202_162-57352805/some-long-term-healthcare-policies-not-paying-up/?tag=cbsnewsSectionsArea.0

Last edited:
Originally Posted by YouGotMyMoney
"Besides being liars, it seems it's possible that these guys are simply better sales people/ more highly motivated than some of the posters here.

just an observation not a judgement."

You can't be a liar and a good salesman. You can, however, be a highly motivated liar. Which is what Banker's Life and Casualty agents AND home office staff are. Just a judgement based on observation. (see what I did there?)

Only if they drink gallons of water and get all the cool-aid they drank when with Bankers out of their system. I think some of those agents were eating it dry out of the package and not even bothering to mix it with water. :D

I love that Frank! It made me laugh. Thanks!

Hey Crystalyze...if you want to send a private message, I'll tell you what you need to know.

jlchan33- You heard that one too. The ole, you might as well lie, to keep up with the top producers. Left alot of business on the table,.. it wasn't in the seniors best interest. Gotta meet my maker someday.

I agree. Report them to the Senate Committee on Aging, as well as the DOI.

Been with bankers for over 3 years and looking for a little help on an exit strategy. Seeing if anyone could help.

Been with bankers for over 3 years and looking for a little help on an exit strategy. Seeing if anyone could help.

Find a door marked exit, walk through it. Then find someone on here to contract with for the type of business you'd like to produce.

Make sure to take a list of all your clients with you and contact them once your non-compete expires.

Right now I have 3 cases that Banker's is dragging their feet on. They "lost" transfer paperwork for an annuity that was Faxed to them on Dec. 2nd. And now need originals and not a faxed txfer form. What are the odds they will "lose" that too??? And a cancellation form for a crappy short term care policy that was faxed on 11/30/2011 got "lost" in the system as well. I have proof of the successful transfer of both of these faxes. Disgrace to the Insurance business. 3rd case is a medsupp that the client cancelled in June 2011 and BLC kept drafting until October. "No problem, sorry for the inconvenience" is always the response but anything you send them either gets lost or they want something different than the last thing you sent. Today I sent them what they said would take care of the problem along with a "Health insurance complaint form" from the MI office of financial and insurance regulation that the client gladly filled out.:mad::mad::mad:

Multiple exits strategies are available. And you do need a strategy. It must be well planned. Send me a private message.
Welcome to the real world, you're on your way to a much brighter future.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Right now I have 3 cases that Banker's is dragging their feet on. They "lost" transfer paperwork for an annuity that was Faxed to them on Dec. 2nd. And now need originals and not a faxed txfer form. What are the odds they will "lose" that too??? And a cancellation form for a crappy short term care policy that was faxed on 11/30/2011 got "lost" in the system as well. I have proof of the successful transfer of both of these faxes. Disgrace to the Insurance business. 3rd case is a medsupp that the client cancelled in June 2011 and BLC kept drafting until October. "No problem, sorry for the inconvenience" is always the response but anything you send them either gets lost or they want something different than the last thing you sent. Today I sent them what they said would take care of the problem along with a "Health insurance complaint form" from the MI office of financial and insurance regulation that the client gladly filled out.:mad::mad::mad:
If more agents would do that the system would be flooded with complaints. That would be a good thing. This lost paperwork excuse seems exclusive to them. Let me know if you need any email addresses, or fax numbers. Michigan is sick of them, won't let them recruit on the state website, whatever that is, so I heard. Lots going on there. Bankers ran their auditors in to the Traverse City branch to clean it out before the state got in there. It was supposed to have been closed, but I believe they are recruiting again, for that branch.
Maybe those papers got shredded along with everything else.
Just keep filing those complaints. BTW, Wisconsin made them fire all their managers to stay open in that state, as I understand it.

Last edited:

Multiple exits strategies are available. And you do need a strategy. It must be well planned. Send me a private message.
Welcome to the real world, you're on your way to a much brighter future.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If more agents would do that the system would be flooded with complaints. That would be a good thing. This lost paperwork excuse seems exclusive to them. Let me know if you need any email addresses, or fax numbers. Michigan is sick of them, won't let them recruit on the state website, whatever that is, so I heard. Lots going on there. Bankers ran their auditors in to the Traverse City branch to clean it out before the state got in there. It was supposed to have been closed, but I believe they are recruiting again, for that branch.
Maybe those papers got shredded along with everything else.
Just keep filing those complaints. BTW, Wisconsin made them fire all their managers to stay open in that state, as I understand it.

In Bankers defense the lost paperwork excuse is not exclusive to them....I've been replacing a bunch of old policies from one carrier. I am an agent for that carrier so I know what paperwork is required and always send it in...Lets just say that carrier has called me twice this past year regarding replacements and the clause in my contract about replacing polices (These clauses are in almost all contracts).

My response was every replacement is a case by case issue and if you would provide me a name I would be more than happy to explain why that policy was replaced. So after about 20 policies this company rep gave up. However I notice now that more and more I'm being told "We did not recieve our surrender forms in the fax you sent" Fax I sent we overnighted the paperwork to your office and what is your fax number and extension and I refax the surrender forms immediatly....Call back next day and its now a different excuse....The one I love the most these days is since we declined the surrender as being not in good order due to our paperwork not being available you will need the client to redate and intial all the surrender paperwork.

Back