Assured Life/ Woodmen of the World

sluggo08

Does anyone have any good scoop about this med supp company? I would usually stay clear from a company that uses MOO to administer the plan, however the fact that the company is a fraternal benefit, and is very well capitalized ( I checked the statement on file with the state of CO.) I am intrigued. Not to mention the comm's and rates are very stong here in Virginia. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Does anyone have any good scoop about this med supp company? I would usually stay clear from a company that uses MOO to administer the plan, however the fact that the company is a fraternal benefit, and is very well capitalized ( I checked the statement on file with the state of CO.) I am intrigued. Not to mention the comm's and rates are very stong here in Virginia. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

What are the commissions with them?

Commissions for Virginia are.... Years 1-6 = 22%, 7-10 = 6.5%, 11+ = 0%.

I am new to selling Med Supps, obviously I can read that years 11+ have no commissions. I know people get old and die, but do agents normally actually stop receiving commissions after 11 years? OR... do other company's normally have better rates in that many years, so you switch them, and in turn, "re-start" the commissions?

Another question...
The commission rates I posted were for ages 65-80. Years 1-6 for 81+ is 11%. So, If I sold a med supp to someone who was 80, would I get 22% commission for the first 6 years, or get 22% for 1 year, and 11% for 5 years?

-Craig

Last edited:
Very good company!

I agree - it has the advantage of Mutual's claims stability, administration and reputation, but also adds in the non-profit fraternal benefits which seniors love.

Make sure you get their brochure on the fraternal benefits. It is that "something extra" that seniors love to hear about and often pushes them just over the edge to make a buying/change decision.

They have lower rates that MoO in most cases where they operate, better commissions, and more benefits for the client.

How can you go wrong?

Back