ATT Cancels Retiree Health Plan

How have the part D enrollments with Aon and the reimbursements been handled? Can they sign up via Aons website or does it have to be on the phone? I've signed up a few for plan G and suggested they pay annually to simplify the reimbursement. Has anyone seen that process yet?

I have not found anything to VERIFY that Aon can get GI on plans G, Hi F, N, etc.

I have written a few G's but more N's.

Just signed up two retirees of ATT today and the client had a question I couldn't answer.
He has to show proof that he's made a payment so that he can get reimbursed. If he selects auto withdrawal from UHC he doesn't get a receipt monthly right?

The best way is to have client pay annually. One bill, one reimbursement.

I called uhc and they said they can call customer service once and they will send them a monthly confirmation of paid premiums. I mentioned to the client that it would be easier to pay annually but they just gave me a blank look

Could also pay quarterly if that is more affordable. Billing + cancelled check serves as proof.

I called uhc and they said they can call customer service once and they will send them a monthly confirmation of paid premiums. I mentioned to the client that it would be easier to pay annually but they just gave me a blank look

Ameren has dropped all of their retires as we'll.

----------

Ameren has dropped all of their retires as we'll.
They also are using aon. My father in law was very high up and spoke to the vp who states that they have to use aon for everything in this case? Does anyone know any different?

Got a call yesterday from an IBM retiree. They dropped their retiree plan a year ago and hired Towers Watson.

Last year he and his wife chose a BX Medigap. In the interim he has figured out the plan is overpriced and was shopping.

Problem now is, he and wife both have health issues. Can't change plans so they are stuck.

TW is trying to move them to an MA plan because of the lower premium. Their OOP with the MA will be higher than their current gap premium.

Yeah, that's great advice.

To sum up these "phone advisors":

They don't have a dog in the fight, after the enrollment, they are held harmless in all accounts, good advise or bad, how it effects the client's life and access to care is of no concern.

I honestly feel the AON reps for ATT use the magic 8 ball for advise. Every encounter with ATT retirees gives me the impression that no matter what they advise today, tomorrow will be a totally different direction.

Everyone wants the low hanging fruit. There is a reason that AON Retiree Health Exchange has this business. Large employers demand a whole plan and documentation and training be formalized in addition to service level agreements. They need feedback from surveys, the ability to hear calls if there is a complaint, etc.....Making the sale is just the beginning of the process.

I wish I would have thought of the idea.

Back