BCBS of Georgia Med Supp Contract

Graduated based on production. Don't have the numbers in front of me but believe it starts at 12% and increases to 18% with something like 25 apps.

They have pockets where they are competitive. At least one forum member has written over 150 apps in the last 8 months or so. Some are rollover, but most are new clients.

What commission should I expect (look for)?

If you go direct they start you at 12%. Once you've written 10 cases, you get 15% for the next 15 policies. For 26 and above you get 18% retroactively on all cases. However, it's on a year by year basis which means you start over each year but keep the level on prior years.

I recently saw where Ritter had an 18% contract, but I don't know if it's for all cases or not.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
None...haha. They are higher priced than most of the competition.

As Bob has stated, they are competitive in some situations. Especially in the greater metro area at age 69, 74 and above. They are super competitive for smokers since they don't charge extra for smoking. Not to mention the discount for husband and wife.

Oh yeah, then there's that whole guarantee issue deal going right now.

Personally, I've found many instances where they are more than competitive and have been able to write a few cases.

Last edited:
Bllue Cross actually does have good rates for their Plan F. Also same rate for every 4 years of ages so for older people who have been on a Supp plan for 2 to 3 years you can get a really good rate.

Do yourself (and your clients) a huge favor, and stay clear of the Evil Empire (BCBSGa).

They hate brokers, and will swoop in and steal any client you may have.

There are enough quality companies in Georgia in the Med Supp space to work with.

My two centts

Do yourself (and your clients) a huge favor, and stay clear of the Evil Empire (BCBSGa).

They hate brokers, and will swoop in and steal any client you may have.

There are enough quality companies in Georgia in the Med Supp space to work with.

My two centts

While they may not be the most agent friendly company to work with, I have never had them "steal" a client from me. I'll stick with doing what is best for the client and let everything work itself out. That has always served me well.

My two cents.

Back