Getting Schooled by Med Supp Clients

If a client would leave me because another agent can save him $2/month, I don't want him as a client.

I have expressed similar thoughts before, except I usually say $10, give or take.

I make a good living writing all the "price shoppers" you guys are turning a way. Then after they get a rate increase I just re write them again. Works for me. Next time you guys don't want to write these prospects a policy with "BS Company", feel free to send them to this order taking agent...;) :yes: NEXT!:yes:

It was a good wake up call for me to lose these two cases prior to the full start of Medicare season. Since that time I've salvaged 3 "iffy" cases. I had one that seemed apprehensive but submitted an app, and I told her that if she wanted something else to let me know. She called me back and asked for an MA plan, then she changed her mind again, and decided to keep her supplement. score 1

I had another that called and said that she had spoken to Humana directly and she knew that she wanted MA, and I told her great, I hope you enjoy it She said no I want you to write it. score 2

The third one was a little hostile and told me that she was shopping for the best deal and she didn't need to hear any horseshit. I said fine, I don't have any to sell. She called me 3x on Thursday begging me to come see her and write a Moo plan G, she had spoken to Moo directly, but wanted an agent. score 3

All three of these were test cases. They had the I'm going to walk away from you if you try to push me in any direction, so I gave them the "you know what's best coupled with "I'm here for you and there for you".

This isn't anything that you don't know, however, I realized that I had gotten too systematic in my approach in handling everyone, even the frangible cases.

Back