HELP - Med Supp - Diabetes with 2 Oral Meds and 3 BP Meds??

tesflex

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Got a med supp case I need help with.
Male -74 - 5' 11" 200 smoker in IL
Has original Medicare but no med supp plan now
Health is fair - main issue is Diabetes for 3 years
No insulin - taking Metformin and Glipizide
My problem is that he is also taking three meds for blood pressure:
Enalapril
Nifedipine
Atenonol

Most of the med supp carriers I write with have health questions that are exactly the same as Mutual - I sent this to Mutual to see if they would approve based on the stable med list for three years - they did not.

Now I am looking for an alternate company that does not automatically decline for a combination of oral diabetes meds and blood pressure meds.

I have just recently added American Continental for their final expense plan. Took a look at their med supp application and also called their underwriter. Wording is completely different - might be able to get a plan through with them - but their prices are expensive.

Question - any other possible carriers to look at?

Thanks,

Billy W

Got a med supp case I need help with.
Male -74 - 5' 11" 200 smoker in IL
Has original Medicare but no med supp plan now
Health is fair - main issue is Diabetes for 3 years
No insulin - taking Metformin and Glipizide
My problem is that he is also taking three meds for blood pressure:
Enalapril
Nifedipine
Atenonol

Most of the med supp carriers I write with have health questions that are exactly the same as Mutual - I sent this to Mutual to see if they would approve based on the stable med list for three years - they did not.

Now I am looking for an alternate company that does not automatically decline for a combination of oral diabetes meds and blood pressure meds.

I have just recently added American Continental for their final expense plan. Took a look at their med supp application and also called their underwriter. Wording is completely different - might be able to get a plan through with them - but their prices are expensive.

Question - any other possible carriers to look at?

Thanks,

Billy W

When I first started the health questions varied a lot from company to company. Today they are all very similar.

Take a look at the Am Continental underwriting guide, specifically what they say about BP meds. Unless they have changed their policy in the last year or two three BP meds is an automatic decline.

Have you looked at AARP? It pains me to have to type that. :D

Thanks for the responses - He is in IL - I think I have a chance with UHC and or American Continental - I talked to 2 different underwriters at American Continental - The both told me that 2 oral diabetic meds and 3 BP meds is not a knock out as long as he has NEVER had any other complications related to diabetes like - retinopathy, neuropothy, peripheral vascular or arterial disease, heart blockage, heart attack, stroke, etc.

AARP does not have plan G. Cheapest plan is AARP N at 168.79. I had taken an application for UOO G at 160.06

AC N is 176.10 - Will make the bad news / good news call today and seee what happens.

Back