In Home Appointments VS in Office Appointments

azmedsupagent

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have always been a med sup agent that prefers the in home appointment because thats where the check book is. If your selling MAPD is there any benefit to meeting in the home rather than at the office? Any agents out there that do only in office appointments?

I don't think there's an advantage or disadvantage to either place. Of course, if they've taken the time to come to your office they may be a little more serious about making a decision. Also, in an office appointment you control the environment which can be a plus. No interruptions because their phone rings (unless they have their cell phone with them), no animals, no grandkids, etc. But I really don't think it makes a big difference as to where you have the appointment.

Almost all appointments are in my office. I don't know which plan/product I am going to use until we actually meet. Most clients forget at least one prescription med, so changes may need to be made.

All my forms are at the office. If I take them, I need 2 brief cases and look like I'm spending the night.

The computer is in the office to check things.

I have a few I go to because they are physically challanged, wheelchairs, lack of mobility, etc.

Office appointments are preferrable.

That way they are not fiddling around in the kitchen, folding laundry, straightening up, etc.

Home appointments are fine for $0 premium MA Plans, but for nothing else.

YMMV

do you live in a large metropolitan area like phoenix? Even if I got an office in the middle of the city there are a good number of folks that would still have a 45 minute drive from the other side of town to come to the office. Do you encounter this problem at all?

do you live in a large metropolitan area like phoenix? Even if I got an office in the middle of the city there are a good number of folks that would still have a 45 minute drive from the other side of town to come to the office. Do you encounter this problem at all?

Certainly office appointments are better for me if it is convenient for the client, for all the reasons previously mentioned. However, practically speaking, it doesn't work well for many clients. They may have transportation issues, physical mobility issues, etc. Also, when they come in the office, you run the risk of having them forget their check book, list of prescriptions, etc.

If the client lives within 10-15 minutes of the office, I suggest an office meeting first. If they live further away, I suggest a home meeting. I would say the ratio is about 1:5 office to home.

I am a professional. I have an office. That's where I do business. Does your doctor or attorney make house calls anymore?
99% of my appointments are in my office unless I know and love that client and don't want them on the road.
Most people will figure out a way to get to you if they are serious about meeting with you.

All of my clients have a telephone and know how it works. Most have email and, failing that, they have a mailbox.

They don't want a stranger in their home any more than I want to drive there.

"I am a professional. I have an office."
Are you implying that those who work solely from their home office are not professional?

Clients prefer me to come to their home when talking about Medicare products. They appreciate not having to go out in the cold and snow during AEP. To the professional poster above, get over yourself!

Back