I Hate Being In Limbo....

G.Gordon

Guru
1000 Post Club
Missouri
I know I can still sell the standardized versions for 5/1 and I can start selling the 2010 Mod plans already, but we have ONE CARRIER that has given us anything. MOO was the only pro-active company in this? Doesn't seem possible. Where is everyone else?

Anyone else finding themselves in limbo... not wanting to push the current plans, but unable to offer the modernized plans yet? I guess the underlying thought is: "Why put clients on dead-end products?" I hate changing clients... so something is making me wait until I can write the new books.

Frack!!:mad:

As Bill Clinton would say: "I feel your pain!"

I thought theGERB ModPlan was available in Missouri?

The Gerbster should look mighty fine with the January 2010 NAIC ruling to pool mod plans with old plans. Some carriers got caught in limbo on this one and are refilling their numbers.

I know I can still sell the standardized versions for 5/1 and I can start selling the 2010 Mod plans already, but we have ONE CARRIER that has given us anything. MOO was the only pro-active company in this? Doesn't seem possible. Where is everyone else?

Anyone else finding themselves in limbo... not wanting to push the current plans, but unable to offer the modernized plans yet? I guess the underlying thought is: "Why put clients on dead-end products?" I hate changing clients... so something is making me wait until I can write the new books.

Frack!!:mad:

We have nothing in Florida.

Companies that offered standardized med-supps in Florida that haven't even filed for the modernized plans, that I could find....

(1)American Pioneer Life.
(2)Sterling Investors.
(3)Bankers Life.

And why are they called modernized plans? There's such a minute difference in plans C and F vs. what they were, they should have named them...Standardized volume II.

I know what you're saying. I feel like I should be contacting my clients to let them know about the new plans, but only 2 companies have given rates. Where is everybody????

I know what you're saying. I feel like I should be contacting my clients to let them know about the new plans, but only 2 companies have given rates. Where is everybody????

Exactly. I want to contact some of them that I know a change will benefit with the already known offerings, but.... ??? What if there is a better deal that is coming???

Unfortunately we are all in the same boat and at the mercy of each states DOI.

The DOI is currently the major holdup in most states, not the insurance companies.

The AG of PA is preparing a law suit against the Obama adminstration. He does not want PA to cede any control to the Feds. Of corse, he is planning to run for governor and PA consists of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with Alabama in between (attributed to James Carville).

Last edited:
Back