Ipad Choices for MAPD/Supp E-apps

Ipad's are great... not a silly mini though. Storage space? no prob... icloud.
Data plan? Nope.... just use iphone hot spot.

Not medsup related. However, I use a Microsoft Surface Pro and do not have to do any of the work around you are talking about. I can install and run all companies software as well. What makes the IPad so much better? Thanks.
I don't know that it is better. It was free, given to me by the upline who first got me contracted with Aetna's MAPD when they launched their iPad enrollment app a couple years ago. Mine is an early version not able to tether to an iPhone for data, so I may give it to my newly licensed daughter and get a new one.

Last edited:
Not medsup related. However, I use a Microsoft Surface Pro and do not have to do any of the work around you are talking about. I can install and run all companies software as well. What makes the IPad so much better?

Thanks.

Wino,

A lot of the MA companies have created "ipad apps" to do enrollments so windows based devices won't work.

----------

I don't know that it is better. It was free, given to me by the upline who first got me contracted with Aetna's MAPD when they launched their iPad enrollment app a couple years ago. Mine is an early version not able to tether to an iPhone for data, so I may give it to my newly licensed daughter and get a new one.

WC,

You don't tether anything.....the iphone has a built in hot spot that transmits a wifi signal that your ipad picks up. Take your phone and ipad down to the phone store and they will set it up for you. Your welcome I just saved you $60 a month!!!

Wino, A lot of the MA companies have created "ipad apps" to do enrollments so windows based devices won't work. ---------- WC, You don't tether anything.....the iphone has a built in hot spot that transmits a wifi signal that your ipad picks up. Take your phone and ipad down to the phone store and they will set it up for you. Your welcome I just saved you $60 a month!!!
I went in to do just that. They won't allow that on the now unavailable unlimited data plan, which I have. Before going in I called ATT and was given the "your iPad isn't able to do that" reason.

Unrelated note. I went in to the Genius Bar a couple months ago because my battery seemed to run out to quickly. They tested it and told me it was degraded, but not enough to qualify for replacement. Friday they announced a recall on iPhone 5 batteries in selected phones purchased in late 2012. Mine qualified. Went in yesterday to get my new battery. They were out, so gave me a new phone instead. I'll probably put off getting the 6 awhile after they come out.

Last edited:
Not medsup related. However, I use a Microsoft Surface Pro and do not have to do any of the work around you are talking about. I can install and run all companies software as well. What makes the IPad so much better? Thanks.

I tried. Bought the surface pro 2 and hated it. Took it right back after 3-4 days

----------

Wino, A lot of the MA companies have created "ipad apps" to do enrollments so windows based devices won't work. ---------- WC, You don't tether anything.....the iphone has a built in hot spot that transmits a wifi signal that your ipad picks up. Take your phone and ipad down to the phone store and they will set it up for you. Your welcome I just saved you $60 a month!!!

What's $60 a month? I have the LTE iPad and it was an extra $10/month and they added 2gigs per month.

I like the mini better because I hold it one handed and use my otter hand to write still. And I have big hands

Not medsup related. However, I use a Microsoft Surface Pro and do not have to do any of the work around you are talking about. I can install and run all companies software as well. What makes the IPad so much better?

Thanks.
I want one but I heard the Surface Pro doesn't come with a data plan. What if I need to show someone how to navigate medicare.gov? I guess you can use one those USB wireless modems to log on with. But that is one area the Ipad is better!

I tried. Bought the surface pro 2 and hated it. Took it right back after 3-4 days

----------

What's $60 a month? I have the LTE iPad and it was an extra $10/month and they added 2gigs per month.

I like the mini better because I hold it one handed and use my otter hand to write still. And I have big hands

Was your mother or father an otter? Or were you adopted?

I want one but I heard the Surface Pro doesn't come with a data plan. What if I need to show someone how to navigate medicare.gov? I guess you can use one those USB wireless modems to log on with. But that is one area the Ipad is better!

I just use my NoteIII as a hot spot and the Surface connects via wifi. Same for my laptop.

Back