Ipad Choices for MAPD/Supp E-apps

This is techie, but for the good of MAPD open season with more carriers having e-apps/Ipad apps I go on... Aetna is the only one I have seen that says they also have an Android app, and Humana you can use a Windows device, including laptop for electronic apps this year, but it needs either a signature pad or needs to have touchscreen, hello Windows 8, if it's not an Ipad, doesnt' work on Android devices. Pricing the old tech of signature pads, apparently, they are pricey enough to make getting an Ipad or inexpensive Win8 laptop/tablet worth it.
My Android smartphone is my hotspot, which I only discovered about 6 months ago. In plain English, probably if you have a phone with internet these days, it has the capability to be a wireless hotspot already. I mention this because someone spoke of buying a portable hotspot/wireless router or a laptop/tablet with built in data capability. I would rather share the data plan with my phone.
Then, just like if you were, say, in Starbucks, connecting to their network, you connect to the available network by searching for the one, usually at the top of the list, that is your phone. There is an app on the phone called, conveniently, Hotspot, usually.
It works if you don't have one of those unlimited data plans. Mine is about $10 for each GB of data. Right now 2 GB is working fine--I don't do entertainment on the phone. May have to add at least 1 more GB for open enrollment. Keep the phone on wireless at home to save data GB usage. If you have Verizon, the reps at *611 tech support (where a rep told me my phone *is* a hotspot when I mentioned I may have to get a data plan with a tablet--forehead smack) or at the store, will help you do this the first time.
If you already know this, it's really old news, I know.

Last edited:
I tried. Bought the surface pro 2 and hated it. Took it right back after 3-4 days

----------

What's $60 a month? I have the LTE iPad and it was an extra $10/month and they added 2gigs per month.

I like the mini better because I hold it one handed and use my otter hand to write still. And I have big hands

I hold the regular ipad with one hand.....just sayin...

I hold the regular ipad with one hand.....just sayin...

Yeah you can it just wasn't comfortable to me. I owned the iPad 3 and the mini at the same time for a month and liked the mini better. Now that there is an iPad Air I definitely think I would prefer that better because it's thinner than the old iPad.

I have yet to transition to the iPad. Have had one for a couple years now but now belongs to my 3 year old daughter.

Are you guys using just the touch screen keypad? Or one of those detachable ones? I saw an add for this keyboard and makes me want to make the transition this year. Touchfire iPad Keyboards and Cases

I cant imagine working without my ipad. I enroll my Aetna clients with it instantly. But I can pull up Medicare.gov and various sites during my presentations............ I use Att hotspot 10 gigs 100$ a month. I use alot of it on internet radio riding.

I cant imagine working without my ipad. I enroll my Aetna clients with it instantly. But I can pull up Medicare.gov and various sites during my presentations............ I use Att hotspot 10 gigs 100$ a month. I use alot of it on internet radio riding.

Trust me I know how valuable internet is out and about. Been using a good ol lap top with hot spot for years.

Back