Last App Received by CMS Counts- Right?

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
Mb of Plan A was not aware that she signed up for Plan B for 5-1-15 effective date. I completed and submitted a Plan A paper app for 5-1-15 effective date on 4-29-15. I'm pretty sure that the mb will end up back on Plan A with 5-1-15 effective, but not 100%. Help.

Good grief I'm confused as all git-out with this thread. Wehotex, what do you mean by taking a paper app for Plan A if you're referring to MAPD's? And if you're referring to Part A/B of Medicare, how can she sign up for Part A if she's already got Part A?

Maybe it would be a good idea to start over, from the beginning, then we might be able to help?

Good grief I'm confused as all git-out with this thread. Wehotex, what do you mean by taking a paper app for Plan A if you're referring to MAPD's? And if you're referring to Part A/B of Medicare, how can she sign up for Part A if she's already got Part A? Maybe it would be a good idea to start over, from the beginning, then we might be able to help?
Agree. Let me try a hand at editing this original post for clarity by changing a few words, though a complete rewrite is probably best:

Mb of an MA was not aware that she signed up for another MA plan for 5-1-15 effective date replacing the first plan. I completed and submitted a new paper app for 5-1-15 effective date on 4-29-15 for the first MA plan she enrolled in. I'm pretty sure that the mb will end up back on that first MA plan with 5-1-15 effective, but not 100%. Help.

Reluctant to say anything certain given the unclear question, but she will probably end up on the first plan she enrolled in.

Last edited:
Mb of Plan A was not aware that she signed up for Plan B for 5-1-15 effective date. I completed and submitted a Plan A paper app for 5-1-15 effective date on 4-29-15. I'm pretty sure that the mb will end up back on Plan A with 5-1-15 effective, but not 100%. Help.

Purple because aliens don't wear hats...

Back