Countdown to cms final ruling

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
By Next Monday we’ll know if overrides ,marketing money and Hra’s gone . I found it interesting yesterday wellcare sent out email lowering Hra’s from $225 to $150 on dsnps and no more money on non dsnp Hra’s . Also wellcare was paying hra fee’s immediately like Aetna before the plan went in effect . That’s gone .Now they pay on effective date . They mentioned persistency. Basically agents were gaming the system on dsnps . They’d write on March 1st get the $225 and rewrite on March 18th new carrier for April 1 effective date

By Next Monday we’ll know if overrides ,marketing money and Hra’s gone . I found it interesting yesterday wellcare sent out email lowering Hra’s from $225 to $150 on dsnps and no more money on non dsnp Hra’s . Also wellcare was paying hra fee’s immediately like Aetna before the plan went in effect . That’s gone .Now they pay on effective date . They mentioned persistency. Basically agents were gaming the system on dsnps . They’d write on March 1st get the $225 and rewrite on March 18th new carrier for April 1 effective date

This would go in effect now or 1/1/25?

I saw one person complaining that they were going to basically get rid of overrides and pay $35 more per app. [Update: it was $31, not $35]

I was like - YES!!!!!!!!!!

That's where the money belongs - those who WRITE BUSINESS.

(This person obviously has a business based on overrides. Sorry ... Go write some business and you'll be just fine)

Last edited:
I saw one person complaining that they were going to basically get rid of overrides and pay $35 more per app.

I was like - YES!!!!!!!!!!

That's where the money belongs - those who WRITE BUSINESS.

(This person obviously has a business based on overrides. Sorry ... Go write some business and you'll be just fine)
No that $35 is supposedly for the fmo I believe . It’s for overrides . But your correct . The overrides are obscene in mapd . Fmo’s, mga’s , GA’s making 6-7 figs for doing little . You got Ifg mga’s making $1-$5 mil a yr in mapd overrides . This is govt money funding these overrides .

Are you sure?

It reads (to me) like broker comp goes up - i.e. you and me - the people actually talking to Mildred about her Ozempic tier level - are the ones getting the extra $31

(Note it was $31 not $35)

Especially if that $31 is renewal (or $15.50) - I'm 100% good with this.

I'll pay for CSG again...

Are you sure?

It reads (to me) like broker comp goes up - i.e. you and me - the people actually talking to Mildred about her Ozempic tier level - are the ones getting the extra $31

(Note it was $31 not $35)

Especially if that $31 is renewal (or $15.50) - I'm 100% good with this.

I'll pay for CSG again...

Carriers could easily cut broker comp 30% plus and give that to fmo’s . I put nothing past anything . I’m sure you noticed a huge change in fmo’s and carriers emails the past 3 months . Carriers like Humana hardly mention mapd anymore in their mail outs . It’s all med sups and dental now. This started last yr with them pivoting hard to diversify . Humana’s the most vunerable of all carriers as they’re 90% mapd. Aetna and United both are very diversified with large med sup and big group business . Fmo mail outs are spamming the hell out of med sups the past 4 months . I’m getting emails like “ Is your business diversified “. They smell the coming override pain with mapd .

Too bad theyre also tightening underwriting.

UHC these days will decline you because in 1975 you had an untreated hangnail.

"back in the day" they'd be like: ventilator? No problem...

Carriers could easily cut broker comp 30% plus and give that to fmo’s . I put nothing past anything . I’m sure you noticed a huge change in fmo’s and carriers emails the past 3 months . Carriers like Humana hardly mention mapd anymore in their mail outs . It’s all med sups and dental now. This started last yr with them pivoting hard to diversify . Humana’s the most vunerable of all carriers as they’re 90% mapd. Aetna and United both are very diversified with large med sup and big group business . Fmo mail outs are spamming the hell out of med sups the past 4 months . I’m getting emails like “ Is your business diversified “. They smell the coming override pain with mapd .

Humana's Med Supp underwriting is ridiculous. I've had several declined with Humana that have been approved elsewhere. Just had a client who takes a cholesterol med, BP med and thyroid med declined by Humana. She was on the same meds 3 years ago when she was approved with another carrier.

Too bad theyre also tightening underwriting.

UHC these days will decline you because in 1975 you had an untreated hangnail.

"back in the day" they'd be like: ventilator? No problem...
lol i miss those days. two UW questions on the app, that was it

Back