Lead Criteria for Final Expense and Med Supp

gerano

Expert
I'm curious, I'd like to know what many of you consider to be the best lead criteria for leads leading to a door knock approach relative to final expense and Medicare supplements.

I've been an agent a very long time and direct mail leads are no longer "king". I state this because I've tried many direct mail sources and the return results are less than 1% in this primarily agrarian region of Delaware.

I'm currently using telemarketed leads but I'm not happy with the quality but it provides a name and an address. The rest is up to me.

I prefer to set my criteria according to age and income. I prefer the ages of 67 and above so that I can assume that they'll be home when I arrive. I also prefer incomes level between $20,000 and $40,000. If they make too much then they're likely to keep what they have if the premium savings is not substantial.

Does anyone have an opinion that they'd like to share?

Please tell me what hours you use to approach their doors (for example, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM and 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM)

By the way, do we have any eastern Maryland or Delaware agents?

I don't know anything about door knocking, But as far as telemarketed leads have you tried fortune02(Lead Hero's) on the forum?

$40k Max on med supps? Raise that. A lot.

Not sure how good that would be for door knocking. I would not take kindly to someone who just showed with a card I sent back without calling first,However I am told the lower income level is more welcoming to that type of contact

I've used Lead Heroes and, generally, I like their leads but they didn't stay within the criteria established for my leads. Their last leads placed me with seniors who have an income in excess of $100,000 and these have proven to be a waste of time. Seniors with AMPLE income are not worried about saving $20-$50 per month on their Med Supp. Such people would rather stick to the old saying "if it works, don't fix it". This is not always the case but I have a very high closing ratio with income earners under $50,000 and time is money.

----------

Vic,

As I'm sure you know, it's all in the choice of your first words.

I'd like to try my hand at phone calling. Phone calling could save me considerable time in my canvassing but I'm petrified of the DNC (Do Not Call list). The penalty is up to $16,000 per violation.

I enjoy door knocking but in a State like Delaware in which the leads are separated by 20 minutes or more, phone sales would be a welcome approach for those distant prospects.

I've used Lead Heroes and, generally, I like their leads but they didn't stay within the criteria established for my leads. Their last leads placed me with seniors who have an income in excess of $100,000 and these have proven to be a waste of time. Seniors with AMPLE income are not worried about saving $20-$50 per month on their Med Supp. Such people would rather stick to the old saying "if it works, don't fix it". This is not always the case but I have a very high closing ratio with income earners under $50,000 and time is money.

Honest;y I felt I had hard time with teli leads,However After getting some advice I made some minor changes and slowed my intro a little and I am doing very well with them. I do find many intrested in saving $20 or $50 a month, They just don't want to feel sold

----------

As far as DNC, If they send in a card with there number you are not bound by DNC and as far as Glenns teli leads he scrubs list on DNC and If you are cold calling you should do the same.

----------

Also as far as the teli leads you pick counties, You can do some research and find which counties fall in your preferred income levels

I'm curious, I'd like to know what many of you consider to be the best lead criteria for leads leading to a door knock approach relative to final expense and Medicare supplements. I've been an agent a very long time and direct mail leads are no longer "king". I state this because I've tried many direct mail sources and the return results are less than 1% in this primarily agrarian region of Delaware. I'm currently using telemarketed leads but I'm not happy with the quality but it provides a name and an address. The rest is up to me. I prefer to set my criteria according to age and income. I prefer the ages of 67 and above so that I can assume that they'll be home when I arrive. I also prefer incomes level between $20,000 and $40,000. If they make too much then they're likely to keep what they have if the premium savings is not substantial. Does anyone have an opinion that they'd like to share? Please tell me what hours you use to approach their doors (for example, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM and 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM) By the way, do we have any eastern Maryland or Delaware agents?

Call me, I have some ideas for you.

281-536-4220

I'm curious, I'd like to know what many of you consider to be the best lead criteria for leads leading to a door knock approach relative to final expense and Medicare supplements.

I've been an agent a very long time and direct mail leads are no longer "king". I state this because I've tried many direct mail sources and the return results are less than 1% in this primarily agrarian region of Delaware.

I'm currently using telemarketed leads but I'm not happy with the quality but it provides a name and an address. The rest is up to me.

I prefer to set my criteria according to age and income. I prefer the ages of 67 and above so that I can assume that they'll be home when I arrive. I also prefer incomes level between $20,000 and $40,000. If they make too much then they're likely to keep what they have if the premium savings is not substantial.

Does anyone have an opinion that they'd like to share?

Please tell me what hours you use to approach their doors (for example, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM and 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM)

By the way, do we have any eastern Maryland or Delaware agents?

Call spur city, lockdown on fe leads.

I'm glad that those who favor tele-sales over door knocking have contributed to this thread. It's given me something to consider and it's also got me reexamining my approach and my target market.

I've been relying on purchased leads for names when the names have always been available at little or no cost. I'm going to try something that may make my life far more productive and enjoyable. It may revolutionize my entire lead system. Perhaps it's been done by others but I've never tried it and it's got me rather excited. I'll also be speaking with Matt Mungia regarding lead generation.

Thank you all for your contribution to this thread. If anyone has more to contribute it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm glad that those who favor tele-sales over door knocking have contributed to this thread. It's given me something to consider and it's also got me reexamining my approach and my target market.

I've been relying on purchased leads for names when the names have always been available at little or no cost. I'm going to try something that may make my life far more productive and enjoyable. It may revolutionize my entire lead system. Perhaps it's been done by others but I've never tried it and it's got me rather excited. I'll also be speaking with Matt Mungia regarding lead generation.

Thank you all for your contribution to this thread. If anyone has more to contribute it would be greatly appreciated.

ok so what are you going to do different?

Back