Making Money???

Finale

Expert
Can someone please tell me how it's possible to make any money selling insurance? I'm new and from what I see, the more you sell the more you loose. It's really a no win situation....well not for the insurance company.....what's the secret. With the final expense company i was with I was literally penalized for selling policies, and penalized for not selling policies. How does a guy support his family with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can someone please tell me how it's possible to make any money selling insurance? I'm new and from what I see, the more you sell the more you loose. It's really a no win situation....well not for the insurance company.....what's the secret. With the final expense company i was with I was literally penalized for selling policies, and penalized for not selling policies. How does a guy support his family with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pick one insurance product that you absolutely love and pound the table on it. Make sure it's something that most people can use and that you think that they are stupid if they don't have it.

It seems when I sold policies the company would tell me there was a debit balance that needed to be satisfied so I was not eligible for an advance. Policies that I was advanced on, lapsed. As they lapsed they went to my debit balance. I had just paid off a $2K lead balance and vowed never to buy leads again, but to my dismay I forgot about the chargebacks. As a result, I have literally made no money. All of my advanced commissions were paid back in lead and chargebacks. Yippy! I can't wait to sell another policy.

It seems when I sold policies the company would tell me there was a debit balance that needed to be satisfied so I was not eligible for an advance. Policies that I was advanced on, lapsed. As they lapsed they went to my debit balance. I had just paid off a $2K lead balance and vowed never to buy leads again, but to my dismay I forgot about the chargebacks. As a result, I have literally made no money. All of my advanced commissions were paid back in lead and chargebacks. Yippy! I can't wait to sell another policy.

Dude, you weren't penalized for selling policies. You didn't make money because you didn't seel polices that fit a need. Since you didn't meet a need. the policies didn't stay on the books.

Insurance may not be the field for you, but nobody is ever penalized for selling policies. If you want to continue in insurance, you should definately go paid as earned and not get advances.

Regardless of what the recruiters say, everyone cannot do this job.

Thanks jd, you may be right here. The last two policies I sold cost me over $600.00. It's time I give some serious consideration to another career.

You just need to get with the right people.

If you have a phone - you can sell Final Expense over the phone.

Insurance is the RIGHT industry because you can even recruit others and when they sell - you will earn too!

Don't give up.

Good Luck!

Tom

Sounds like part of the problem is that the clients didn't keep what you sold them. Call the clients and see why they didn't keep it. I would like to know if it was the product, or they can not afford it. Did you try and reinstate these policies or try to lower the face amounts for them if they can't afford it?

Also, try prospecting instead of buying leads. email me at [email protected] and I will email you a ton of prospecting ideas.

Don't reinvent the wheel. Find someone that is making money selling insurance and copy what they are doing. Also, in this business it's okay to fall down every now and then. Just shake the dust off, and get back up.

Also, from $2,000 in leads, you got how many sales and how many of them stayed on the books?

If you will call me, I am willing to give you some of my time, and try to give you some ideas that I use and some other agents are doing. 877-968-5757 ask for Mark.

Truth be told, if I not had the wisdom of tons of seasoned agents teaching me this business and a manager that yelled at me a lot and would never get off my back, I don't know I would have made it a year. I didn't know what a lead was for years and I had one of those prospecting books, that I had to carry with me at all times. I had to have at least 5 people to see everyday, or my manager would get upset. Looking back at it, he was exactly what I needed. I was bless that both my father and his father, were in Insurance and it is in my blood also.

Don't be afraid to ask other agents, their tricks and secrets. Some of us are willing to share our ideas and tricks with you.

I can take any job out there and ask, how are people making a living doing this? Like being a car salesman. I don't know how they do it, but there are carsalesman that make a great living. The other salemans need to copy what they are doing.

Also, find your niche. Don't try and do everything.

Mark Rosenthal
877-968-5757
www.realfastservice.com
[email protected]

Try never buying a lead and never taking advances, that's what I do. I don't sell much, and I do it part time, but yeah, the advances can get you in trouble and buying a bunch of leads can get you in trouble. Some of the marketing organizations make money selling you the leads, so if the insurance does not stick, they made money off the leads.

There are plenty of places out there that give you free leads, but free leads are usually worth what you paid for them.

Insurance is cool, FMOs are not. Find a cheap way to generate leads, then work them !!! And I think the guy that gave the adavice of "find a product you love ..." was right. You probably shouldn't say Insurance isn't for you for about a year, I couldn't sell right away either, "now look at me, all star studded". I suggest hard work and giving time to figure it out. However, family needs always supercede.

Back