Med Supps - Who To Get Contracts With?

G

I have been selling Medicare Advantage plans and Med Supps as a captive agent. I've decided that I no longer want to be captive and I am going independent.

I've been calling Med Supp companies (so far Assured, Woodsmen, and Mutual of Omaha) and asking them about getting contracted, but they have all told me they do not do direct appointments and I have to contact a broker. I don't really understand what that means or how to go about it.

So my question is.. I don't know any brokers, how am I supposed to get contracted with these companies?

Also what are some good med supp companies to get contracted with? I'm in Oklahoma.

I'm located in Tulsa, Ok. Send me an email with your contact info. I do not recruit, but I can help you find the right people to contact about contracts and which companies are competitive.

I have been selling Medicare Advantage plans and Med Supps as a captive agent. I've decided that I no longer want to be captive and I am going independent.

I've been calling Med Supp companies (so far Assured, Woodsmen, and Mutual of Omaha) and asking them about getting contracted, but they have all told me they do not do direct appointments and I have to contact a broker. I don't really understand what that means or how to go about it.

So my question is.. I don't know any brokers, how am I supposed to get contracted with these companies?

Also what are some good med supp companies to get contracted with? I'm in Oklahoma.

Last edited:
I have excellent contracts for MOO companies, Woodmen/Assured, Gerber, Sentinel and Marquette.

Unlike a lot who offer contracts, I also sell only Med Supps and cross sell final expense.

Give me a call if I can help.

Looks like I posted too soon. Frank was one of the guys I was going to recommend for Med Supp contracts. He offered me above street level contracts and great training. I certainly recommend you give him a call.

I don't have much experience with Med Supps, but I will beat any other offer by 1%.

lol
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Looks like I posted too soon. Frank was one of the guys I was going to recommend for Med Supp contracts. He offered me above street level contracts and great training. I certainly recommend you give him a call.

If he didn't offer free goat cheese for life, he's holding back on you....

Last edited:
Frank, what state are you located in? Do you deal with California agents?

I'm in Missouri and I offer excellent contracts to agents in all states.

There is also another new company that is entering the Med Supp market that I will also have contracts for in addition to the ones I mentioned.

There really is no advantage for an agent to contract with a "local" company. Now with cell phones and the internet I can literally "be with you" where ever you are if you need help with a stubborn prospect or have questions you don't know the answer to.

All an agent has to do is send me an e-mail, [email protected] , and I will send contracts and commission schedules for them to look over.

Be wary of those who just "tell" you the commission without sending you the commission schedule and never, ever sign a contract if you are required to assign your commission regardless of what they may offer or "promise". And yes, I do give immediate, no questions asked releases if requested. I'm also an agent and I think it is unconscionable of marketers to hold an agent hostage. Shame on them!

Last edited:
There really is no advantage for an agent to contract with a "local" company. Now with cell phones and the internet I can literally "be with you"

You not only have internet but cell phones in the country?

You still have to hand crank your computer to get it started don't you?

How about flush toilets - you got 'em yet? Ice box or refrigerator?

Rick

Back