A Med Sups "Phone Room ???"

Tim Resnick

Super Genius
Hi friends,

I am considering working a Medsups phone room to get some experience doing this type of business. I'm guessing they call all states...and you work in cube all day (or night).

Any suggestions or caveats for doing this? I'm not sure what kinda agreements they want from me or if i can leave them when i decide to quit.

Can someone give me some suggestions or tips on how to work with a phone room selling company?

I'm thinking this is "as earned" so not sure how they would pay you???

Anyone...?

Thanks very much!

~Tim

Hi friends, I am considering working a Medsups phone room to get some experience doing this type of business. I'm guessing they call all states...and you work in cube all day (or night). Any suggestions or caveats for doing this? I'm not sure what kinda agreements they want from me or if i can leave them when i decide to quit. Can someone give me some suggestions or tips on how to work with a phone room selling company? I'm thinking this is "as earned" so not sure how they would pay you??? Anyone...? Thanks very much! ~Tim

It might not be a bad idea if you are brand new to the industry ...

It seems like you still have a lot you don't know about the opportunity. What company is it??

Scratch everything I just said. I thought I read you were going to be running the phone room. Sorry long day i misread.

Not a good Idea to be as earned if you are looking short term, It takes time to build a residual and it makes it harder to leave what you have built up

Last edited:
If you are doing it to get licensed, learn the business and product, I think its a great idea.

Its 4 months and you will make some cash. READ THE FINE PRINT. Is it hourly, plus commissions? And do you get the commission after the policy is issued or paid for? If its Med Supp and they pay monthly, do you get your part in January for the whole year? Or a piddly amount monthly? If you quit, do you still get the piddly amount? And make sure you look at the non-compete clause.

Then on Dec 8, you are going to be unemployed. They make keep you a little longer, but I doubt it.

Have a plan in place on how you are going to:

Get in front of people (F2F or over the phone) beginning in January
Deal with lack of cash flow until your sales start
Get licensed with carriers

Good Luck!

Hi friends,

I am considering working a Medsups phone room to get some experience doing this type of business. I'm guessing they call all states...and you work in cube all day (or night).

Any suggestions or caveats for doing this? I'm not sure what kinda agreements they want from me or if i can leave them when i decide to quit.

Can someone give me some suggestions or tips on how to work with a phone room selling company?

I'm thinking this is "as earned" so not sure how they would pay you???

Anyone...?

Thanks very much!

~Tim

I'm very experienced in these types of operations. Get the full list of details from them including the agreement and come back then and I'll be happy to give you my input. I'm sure others on here are experienced as well.

So in other words, you'll get tremendous advice with a ton of value. AFTER you do your part and get all the details. :yes:

I'm very experienced in these types of operations. Get the full list of details from them including the agreement and come back then and I'll be happy to give you my input. I'm sure others on here are experienced as well. So in other words, you'll get tremendous advice with a ton of value. AFTER you do your part and get all the details. :yes:

^^^
That is a generous offer from a true professional in this space.

I would highly recommend taking him up on his offer to vet your opportunity!

If you are doing it to get licensed, learn the business and product, I think its a great idea.

Its 4 months and you will make some cash. READ THE FINE PRINT. Is it hourly, plus commissions? And do you get the commission after the policy is issued or paid for? If its Med Supp and they pay monthly, do you get your part in January for the whole year? Or a piddly amount monthly? If you quit, do you still get the piddly amount? And make sure you look at the non-compete clause.

Then on Dec 8, you are going to be unemployed. They make keep you a little longer, but I doubt it.

Have a plan in place on how you are going to:

Get in front of people (F2F or over the phone) beginning in January
Deal with lack of cash flow until your sales start
Get licensed with carriers

Good Luck!

Dec 8, i will be unemployed? I thought that was for Med.Advantage only...i thought Med Sups was year round?

-----------------------------
I'm very experienced in these types of operations. Get the full list of details from them including the agreement and come back then and I'll be happy to give you my input. I'm sure others on here are experienced as well.

So in other words, you'll get tremendous advice with a ton of value. AFTER you do your part and get all the details. :yes:

----------------------------------
Thanks Bevo,

I don't know the details, only that its a phone room . They don't give you much over the phone, and i imagine they will want to "close me" when i get there (in other words, "sign me up").

There are actually a couple in my area that are doing this type of operation.

I don't want to commit to any of them, until i read the fine print and understand what i'm getting into.

QUESTION: How would you handle the pitch that i know they will give of
"you need to sign up now, as we only have space for 2 ppl?"

Thanks for your help...

~T

If a company will not be upfront and honest with you, that might be a sign. Imagine your bank not disclosing terms of your mortgage; that would be crazy.

I would take bevo up on his offer if you can get details...

If a company will not be upfront and honest with you, that might be a sign. Imagine your bank not disclosing terms of your mortgage; that would be crazy.

I would take bevo up on his offer if you can get details...

Take Bevo up on his offer.

Yes, Med Supps are year round. AND I'll still bet you a Happy Meal you are unemployed by Dec 8.

Back