Medicare Part B Deductible Projected to Rise

Have you tried reading while using your finger as a guide underneath each word?

explain to me how I am mis-reading this:

"There are several groups of Medicare participants who don’t get the benefit of the hold-harmless provision and therefore, are subject to paying higher Part B premiums.
1.Brand-new enrollees to the Medicare program for 2016."

umm.. I just read this blog post. Did I understand this correctly? T65 people in 2016, going on Medicare for the first time will have a PT B premium of $159.30?

Are Your Clients' Part B Premiums About to Skyrocket? - Ritter Insurance Marketing

There's a rumor that it will happen. The rumor is all those currently on Medicare won't see an increase. Just those new to Medicare. They did this several years ago. Some were paying $88+, some were paying $96+ and others were paying a little over $100 per month. They eventually consolidated it and had everyone back at the same premium.

Those on Medicare and have B premiums deducted from SS won't have to pay the increase. If not on SS and paying B directly, you will have to pay the higher rate.

Nothing simple any more.

Those on Medicare and have B premiums deducted from SS won't have to pay the increase. If not on SS and paying B directly, you will have to pay the higher rate.

Nothing simple any more.

Any ideas when the Trustee report and recommendations get approved? (Finalized? Signed off by Burwell? Whatever the correct terminology is?)

Back