Medicare Sales Program for New Florida Agent?

ok hero, I did this before the war in NYC. HIP, Oxford Health Plans. I'd enter a room and their would be six people seated waiting to learn about the plan. Now (if you are working with the confines of the law) scope of appointments, not able to accept referrals unless they call you... a joke, and bureaucratic mess with no support from brokers or FMO's that are just interested in finding that place on the master's lap. this industry is on the way out and the same people patting your head telling you it will be alright are the ones lining up million dollar advertising programs that drive the sale to a call center with only the hard sells, infirm or insane left to be dealt with by the independent.

And Geico and Progressive spend millions trying to get people to go direct. Yet there are plenty of P&C agents out there.

I've been in this business since 1989 and have heard every excuse on why people couldn't make it or how insurance companies were going to bypass the agent.

This is a relationship business. No matter how much companies spend trying to get people to go direct, there will always be a place for the independent agent as long as there is insurance to be purchased. People want help with things they don't understand. Millions of people had opportunity to go to a website this past year and purchase health insurance. And millions did just that. But millions also sought the help of an independent agent.

If you've chosen to focus solely on MAPD, that could be part of the problem. But there are still plenty of agents who have built a nice book of business on nothing but MAPD.

Look at it this way, you've found out what career isn't a fit for you.

Back