Medicare Seminar

Quoted directly from UHC's Event Basics Course:

"To insure the CMS requirement is met, UnitedHealthcare's policy is that all events (educational, marketing/sales, formal and informal) must be reported in bConnected prior to advertising, and not less than 14 days prior to the scheduled date of the event."

It also goes on to say conducting an unreported event is "prohibited"!

That's wonderful. I'm not a UHC employee.

I'll follow CMS guidelines unless I'm presenting a UHC sales event.

Rick

I sell uhc but have no access to bconnected so can't possibly comply with that one :)

I see no reason to spend your money promoting seminars when there are plenty of places that will allow you to speak at their meeting or on the premises of a senior center at no charge. You can also promote your seminar in a local library at no charge.

If the meeting is informational and a general overview of Medicare and options, you should not have a problem with carriers.

FWIW, I have done generic seminars before and they can be very expensive to promote. If you have an entertaining and enlightening presentation you can eventually have people calling you to appear on their docket.

I sell uhc but have no access to bconnected so can't possibly comply with that one :)
According to UHC:

"Agents without access to bConnected must report events to the Producer Help Desk (PHD) at [email protected] using the Event Request Form, located under the resource tab of the Distribution Portal. Utilizing the Event Request Form and the PHD does not exempt you from the 14 day reporting requirement; therefore it is recommended that you submit the Event Request Form to the PHD at least seven calendar days prior to advertising or 21 days prior to the scheduled date of the event, whichever is earliest."

Not trying to be a "compliance" snob, I'm just fresh out of re-certification, and studied hard this time! When you re-certify for 2015, taking the Events Basics course under the electives tab, might be a good idea, if you're planning to do any UHC public events.

Last edited:
Not trying to be a "compliance" snob, I'm just fresh out of re-certification, and studied hard this time! When you re-certify for 2015, taking the Events Basics course under the electives tab, might be a good idea, if you're planning to do any UHC public events.

Not trying to be correct, but I am....

If you are doing an educational event, how could that be thought of as a "UHC public event" at all? You are not allowed to even fart the name of a carrier.

Don't fall into the trap that you work for UHC.

Rick

Not trying to be correct, but I am....

If you are doing an educational event, how could that be thought of as a "UHC public event" at all? You are not allowed to even fart the name of a carrier.

Don't fall into the trap that you work for UHC.

Rick
UHC can sponsor the event which means you can hand out UHC branded materials (not plan specific) such as the Medicare Made Clear book, put up a branded banner and wear a shirt with the company logo.

Honestly, I don't know how that doesn't "attempt to steer someone toward a specific plan", but apparently at least that much is allowed at an educational event.

That's what I meant by a "UHC public event."

Last edited:
Back