Medigap Reinsured by MOO

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Which Medigap carriers are reinsured by MOO?

This is beginning to look like the 80's when Union Mutual controlled almost 90% of the LTD market (Provident L&A had most of the rest). What they didn't write direct they reinsured.

What was odd was, the fronting carriers usually had better rates and more liberal underwriting. UM direct usually had higher income benefits, especially in the white collar market.

Fronting carriers usually did better in blue collar.

Anyone see a segmented market between MOO and their front carriers?

Which Medigap carriers are reinsured by MOO?

This is beginning to look like the 80's when Union Mutual controlled almost 90% of the LTD market (Provident L&A had most of the rest). What they didn't write direct they reinsured.

What was odd was, the fronting carriers usually had better rates and more liberal underwriting. UM direct usually had higher income benefits, especially in the white collar market.

Fronting carriers usually did better in blue collar.

Anyone see a segmented market between MOO and their front carriers?

The one's I know of are Equitable and the carriers they're TPA's for...Heartland National, IAC and Loyal Christian Benefit Association (LCBA).

The one's I know of are Equitable and the carriers they're TPA's for...Heartland National, IAC and Loyal Christian Benefit Association (LCBA).

Equitable is reinsured by Aetna.

SLC, Shenandoah, Western Catholic and Manhattan Life are all MoO reinsures.

Equitable is reinsured by Aetna.

Sure about that?

Could have sworn they have MOO. Of the other carriers Tom mentioned I know LCBA uses MOO. At least that was what was mentioned in a training webinar I watched about a week ago. Pretty sure he is on target with Heartland & IAC as well.

Pretty sure Gerber was and still is. Just not a player in my market and haven't been for some time.

Sure about that?

Could have sworn they have MOO. Of the other carriers Tom mentioned I know LCBA uses MOO. At least that was what was mentioned in a training webinar I watched about a week ago. Pretty sure he is on target with Heartland & IAC as well.

100% sure.

MoO is re-insuring both Heartland and IAC.

100% sure.

MoO is re-insuring both Heartland and IAC.

I've asked a couple of times before and was always told MoO reinsured Equitable. I talked to two different people just now. One said MoO and wasn't sure about Aetna. The other said Aetna and wasn't sure about MoO. LOL. The latter also said that they were TPA for Heartland, then Heartland went with MoO(as Gerber is)for TPA, and now they're back with Equitable as TPA. The latter said Aetna for Med Supps, wasn't sure about Life.

I'll take what the latter said as she knew right off the bat, the first one had to go ask. Could we both be right? They must have changed their arrangement.

----------

This was bugging me, so I called Agency Services. I was told that Aetna reinsured Equitable until about 2 years ago...that's when MoO took over.

Also, I sent Kevin Williams an e-mail asking him. He should be able to tell us for sure.:laugh:

I've asked a couple of times before and was always told MoO reinsured Equitable. I talked to two different people just now. One said MoO and wasn't sure about Aetna. The other said Aetna and wasn't sure about MoO. LOL. The latter also said that they were TPA for Heartland, then Heartland went with MoO(as Gerber is)for TPA, and now they're back with Equitable as TPA. The latter said Aetna for Med Supps, wasn't sure about Life.

I'll take what the latter said as she knew right off the bat, the first one had to go ask. Could we both be right? They must have changed their arrangement.

----------

This was bugging me, so I called Agency Services. I was told that Aetna reinsured Equitable until about 2 years ago...that's when MoO took over.

Also, I sent Kevin Williams an e-mail asking him. He should be able to tell us for sure.:laugh:

This feels like a Abbott and Costello skit haha.

I know Equitable is IAC's TPA. I'm reaching out to my rep too to find out who Equitable is re-insured by. Let's pray our answers match haha.

This feels like a Abbott and Costello skit haha.

I know Equitable is IAC's TPA. I'm reaching out to my rep too to find out who Equitable is re-insured by. Let's pray our answers match haha.

Who's on first............LOL. Hopefully the National Sales Director will know.:twitchy:

Back