Move from FE/MA to Med Supp---your Advice?

You won't be in business long with that attitude. You need to grow a pair...

Agreed. Outside of assigning commissions which is possibly the dumbest thing you can do, there is no other way to take a cut in commissions on the MAPD side of things so they have skin in the game. Most IMO's get paid a decent over write for doing very little, why would they change their philosophy now.

Taking a cut in commission to offset their costs puts us on the same side of the table. I can afford a temporary cut--I CANT afford a "gift" to them of $1500 in lead costs that nets me half that in commissions--and I had no way to verify if their system worked.

Well they don't have anyway of verifying that "You" work either. People like you crack me up, in a pity kind of way.

You want your cake and you want to eat it too. Everyone wants the best leads, and the highest comp. Doesn't work that way, nor should it. Unless you work your living tail off and EARN both which you have not.

You seem to think you can just waltz into Med Supp sales and the red carpet should be rolled out for you, like many agents I talk to. Selling Med Supps is easy. Finding quality people to sell them to consistently is the art form.

You won't be in business long with that attitude. You need to grow a pair...

I didnt know you checked my pair--I didnt feel anything. Kind of an odd statement.

I have ALREADY been in the business for quite some time, I was considering a change in direction

I guess you were misinformed

PS my "pair" is fine and I'd rather not discuss them thank you

----------

Well they don't have anyway of verifying that "You" work either. People like you crack me up, in a pity kind of way.

You want your cake and you want to eat it too. Everyone wants the best leads, and the highest comp. Doesn't work that way, nor should it. Unless you work your living tail off and EARN both which you have not.

You seem to think you can just waltz into Med Supp sales and the red carpet should be rolled out for you, like many agents I talk to. Selling Med Supps is easy. Finding quality people to sell them to consistently is the art form.

Uhh..huh? You didnt read a thing I said--I dont want your "pity"---thats an incredibly insulting statement. If you dont care to read, dont reply. I dont need your chest beating. If you want to prove how big a man you are dont do it here

Last edited:

Pretty much my thoughts. Why would any IMO aware of his behavior want to associate with him? Much less finance leads to get this guy up and running.

There is a world of difference between being confident and being a jerk, particularly when you are looking for help.

I have been doing MAPD and FE for several years; MAPD is seasonal and FE has rejection rates and cancellation rates that make it a headache.

I worked AEP this year with another agent that specializes in Med Sup. I have shied away from them due to the much smaller commissions--but as he said they are easier to sign up and they almost NEVER cancel.

The IMOs I have talked to are the same routine as FE- $400 for DM drops etc

Are there any carriers/IMO that will work with you on the lead cost to get started? I dont want to lay out a lot of cash for something I find later does not work well (Has happened to me in FE a number of times)

What are your experiences? I am leaving this open ended--I want to know what you know, not asking for a specific answer.

I very much appreciate your input!

High rejection rates on FE? They are much lower than med supp, and zero declines if you have the right group of carriers. Med supp has high rejection rates.

Somerco! Never question the Newbs!

Read it again and focus. Two per week.

AEP and Obamacare has deprived me of sleep and fried my brain. Started yesterday at 6:30AM and still going at 10:30 last PM responding to email inquiries from clients that waited until the last minute to change plans.

Going to take a few days to get running on all cylinders again.

AEP and Obamacare has deprived me of sleep and fried my brain. Started yesterday at 6:30AM and still going at 10:30 last PM responding to email inquiries from clients that waited until the last minute to change plans. Going to take a few days to get running on all cylinders again.

Do you really trust the gubment to pay you the 5-cents per enrollment?

AEP and Obamacare has deprived me of sleep and fried my brain. Started yesterday at 6:30AM and still going at 10:30 last PM responding to email inquiries from clients that waited until the last minute to change plans. Going to take a few days to get running on all cylinders again.

Sorry about that bob. I'm blaming Humana, 3,5 hours on hold since last week and no one could fix the problem. :)

Back